Thread: Possible trade? Thoughts

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Possible trade? Thoughts

Team in Sig.

Being offered 1 of Brassard, Little or Roy for Goligoski...

I'm not feeling goli, he hasnt shown anything with all his opportunity. Should i cash in now before his value drops further? Or do i hold on longer?

I Have Boyle, OEL, Chara, Edler, Kulikov (Larsson, Smith, Dillon on the farm)

Brassard seems the best option as his salary is only 3.3 and he still has upside...

Thoughts
    Last edited by 5hole; February 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Veteran

Despite carrying the highest salary, I still prefer Roy out of those three (if the salary works for your team). If forced to choose between Little and Brassard, I think they're relatively close but would actually prefer to have Little because I just generally like the Jets top 6 (and PP) better and I've never really been able to get a handle on Brassard or the likelihood of him living up to (or approaching) his potential.

BUT, losing Goli would seem to leave you quite thin at D. The guys you list on your farm are nice young players but would seem to still be a year or perhaps a little more away from regularly contributing. Also, would you have to drop someone else in order to bring a guy up from the farm? If so, it might help to look at this as almost a 2-for-1 type of deal when gauging whether unloading Goli at this point is actually worth it all things considered.

Cheers.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Despite carrying the highest salary, I still prefer Roy out of those three (if the salary works for your team). If forced to choose between Little and Brassard, I think they're relatively close but would actually prefer to have Little because I just generally like the Jets top 6 (and PP) better and I've never really been able to get a handle on Brassard or the likelihood of him living up to (or approaching) his potential.

BUT, losing Goli would seem to leave you quite thin at D. The guys you list on your farm are nice young players but would seem to still be a year or perhaps a little more away from regularly contributing. Also, would you have to drop someone else in order to bring a guy up from the farm? If so, it might help to look at this as almost a 2-for-1 type of deal when gauging whether unloading Goli at this point is actually worth it all things considered.

Cheers.
    Thanks Bud's.

Upon further reflection i have realized the same thing. I can keep goli and hope he finds his game as none of those names really grab me (Roy's salary is to much as im up against the cap).
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Expert

Cash in. I've watched quite a few Stars games. Besides being a healthy scratch, and then coming back and only playing Ok....he just doesn't look right. If you can take one of those guys,I'd go for Roy (depending on how the cap hit affects your team). Little would be my next option as I've seen almost all the CBJ games and Brassard has been downright awful!

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,