Thread: In Dynasty League: Turris or Holtby

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default In Dynasty League: Turris or Holtby

I was offered a trade in my dynasty league my Kyle Turris for his Brendan Holtby. Goalies are hard to come by in my league. I know Holtby had a good career in the AHL and he was good in the playoffs last year. Is holtby just off to a slow start and is Turris finally on his way to be a breakout player. Who would be better to own for the next years. Team is listed below in the signature.

Thanks
    CENTER: Aleksander Barkov - Mikael Granlund - Sean Monahan - Mark Scheifele - Elias Lindholm

LEFT WING: Tomas Hertl (C) - Matt Nieto - Jakob Silfverberg (RW) - Evgeny Kuznetsov (C)

RIGHT WING: Vladimir Tarasenko - Valeri Nichushkin - Nino Niederreiter - Nikita Kucherov - Charlie Coyle (C) - Cam Atkinson

DEFENSE: Tyson Barrie - Jonas Brodin - Olli Maatta - Hampus Lindholm - Morgan Rielly - Cody Ceci - Eric Gelinas

GOAL: Elliot - Harding - Lehner - Markstrom

FARM: Bennett - Campbell - Domi - Gaudreau - Grigorenko - Haula - Kapanen - Mzarek - Nylander - Pearson - Raanta - Wennberg - Zadorov

Dobber Sports Pro

You don't need future goaltending when you have Lehner and Markstromm.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    You don't need future goaltending when you have Lehner and Markstromm.
    While I do agree with this statement, can you really ever have too much top prospect goaltending? Hotlby is actually playing in the NHL right now (and finally starting to win as well).

I dont know how many teams are in your league, or how many you start at each positions (could be good to add to your sig) but if this was me, I'd do it.

You currently own a lot of centres and we all know Marty Brodeur wont play forever. I would take the young goalie who is currently playing in the NHL.

Worst case scenario, you have a solid trading piece that should get you more in return then a Kyle Turris in the future.

Yep, I'd make this deal and not think twice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."