Thread: Crawford..Real or not?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Crawford..Real or not?

I was thinking of making a move to increase my points by getting crawford and usin D.Sedin as bait.

Is Crawford the real deal now or is it just because Chi Town is playing so great right now?

I've watched some highlights of his work this year and he seems to be almost superhuman at times.

is he worth the risk after the horrible season last year?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    I was thinking of making a move to increase my points by getting crawford and usin D.Sedin as bait.

Is Crawford the real deal now or is it just because Chi Town is playing so great right now?

I've watched some highlights of his work this year and he seems to be almost superhuman at times.

is he worth the risk after the horrible season last year?
    Is Crawford the real deal now or is it just becausee Chi Town is playing so great right now? Is Chi Town playing so great right now because Crawford is playing so great??

Personally, I dont consider Crawford an elite goalie but a solid one. It helps that he DOES have a good team in front of him but its not like this is the first time we have seen Crawford play this well. His rookie season was pretty darn solid too. I am writing last season off to a bit of a sophmore slump. His numbers last year werent that bad really. I think people just expected a bit too much from him last year and were disappointed when he wasnt as consistent.

I dont consider him a risk at all and certainly someone worth targetting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Depends how you define "the deal deal". I think Crawford is a very solid goalie, I'd pick him 15-20th for my actual NHL team (which means absolutely nothing in fantasy) I'd expect him to finish the season around a 2.20-2.30 GAA and .925 SV% with a ton of wins because Chicago is so good. He'll also get a ton of starts (I'm thinking 35-38 this year).

If you post your roster and league scoring categories we can have a better understanding of what we're dealing with. Without knowing more I wouldn't trade D. Sedin for Crawford straight up but depending on your needs and scoring format it might make sense.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

Crawford will ride the wave. If the team is high, he'll be right there with them. If the team is not, then he will be with them for that ride too.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

While Crawford is definitely not an "elite" goalie, he's solid enough and is a big piece in Chicago's success this year. I don't know if I'd move Sedin for him straight up but if you really need the help in goal and could get another piece added to CC I'd do it.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar