Thread: tough choice/draw from a hat-help with daring choice

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default tough choice/draw from a hat-help with daring choice

Would appreciate any feedback.

Have to replace Karlson and can add one of these very good players...points only G/A...I get added player's points going forward from Feb 15 to end of season and keep Karlson points to date.
    All have 35 games left starting Feb 15 except Kunitz-34.

The guys above me all have Sharp and Zberg so if I pick either I keep pace (out of the $$$) but can't gain ground. One above me has Elias and one has Moulson. None have Kunitz so the only way I can gain ground on everyone is if I take Kunitz, he stays hot and the other 4 guys listed slow down a bit (I'm fighting for third-I think 1st and 2nd are not probable).

In this situation would any of you gamble on Kunitz???
    If you don't like Kunitz here which ONE of the others would you take.

elias 15/13 8 in last 6
    zberg 18/13 6 "
    kunitz 16/14 8 "
    sharp 12/13 6 "
    moulson 13/12 6 "

I did do a draw from a hat LOL and Elias was the pick although I was leaning towards him anyway until the Kunitz idea came up (2 of the 3 franchises above me do not have Elias so I could gain some ground with Elias)

Thank you for any feedback.
    Last edited by everfeb; February 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Should have added, this is a pick the top 25 scorers pool (like Kenaston) so, many of the 12 franchises have the same players..ie all the other franchises have Zberg except me...to date I don't have Zberg, Elias, Sharp, Kunitz or Moulson on my roster. Go figure, I do have M. Koivu instead of any these guys...no wonder I'm looking for help. lol

I'm currently in 4th just a few points out of 3rd but looking at the teams above me it will take a miracle (Kunitz) (or a lot of injuries to guys I don't have on my roster) to end up in 3rd.
    Last edited by everfeb; February 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think it's better to keep pace than fall behind. I don't see Elias, Kunitz, or Moulson outpointing Zetterberg.

EDIT: Who else is on your team? I'd definitely get Zetterberg, but Elias is worth looking at if your looking to make a move to gain an edge
    Last edited by habs7079; February 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM.

Dobber Sports Giant

go with zetterberg and if not then elias.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Icon

You keep pace man. You have to, no one on that list out-points Zetterberg going forward.

I assume you don't have otherwise identical rosters to the guys ahead of you. So you hope that your other differences make up the ground for you to catch up.

If you do have exactly the same rosters as the guys ahead of you, then yes, you have to take the risk on Kunitz.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thank you for replying.
    I want to apologize for not mentioning it in my posts but I had time restraints on making my decision and had to submit before there weren't any replies to this thread. Sorry for taking up your time.

In general, myself and the 3 above me have 15-16 duplicate players (we all have the same 15-16 guys) on our 25 man rosters. The differences between the franchises is in the other 9-10. I have 9 players that the 1st place guy doesnt have and he has 9 that I don't have. All 3 franchises above me have Zberg whereas I might have Pomminville, Benn, Hossa that they don't have. So each franchise has many of the same players but also each franchise has a lot of different players on it.
    None of us have identical rosters but the results come down to the 9-10 different players.

If I take Zetterberg I hold my ground whether he performs or not. Won't matter. But I can't gain any ground if the rest of our rosters each perform as they have been which leaves me in 4th. So I decided to not do this.

If I take Kunitz he is injury prone and the only reason he is doing so well is because of Sid who is also injury prone these days (though he looks great so far this year). If either get hurt Kunitz production comes to a grinding halt and I'm out of the game. Too risky. Decided against doing this. However, as no one above or immediately below me has Kunitz and if he goes on like he has...this would have been a great move which I will regret not making.

So I took the middle ground. The leader does have Elias and Zberg and I don't think I'm catching him anyway. Neither of the 2 guys right above me have him. So my thinking was...if Elias can somehow outproduce ZBerg I can gain ground on 2-3. If he doesn't, I haven't lost much because I wan't going to be able to make up any ground on 2-3 anyway (they already have ZBerg and it's just a sawoff if I take him too).

So Elias it is.

I have 2 trades left, one at end of Feb and one end of March. I still have some duds to get rid of but injuries to others have preventing me from moving them.

If I'm still close to 2nd 3rd at end of this month I'll probably do the Kunitz thing then if feasible.

Thanks for trying to help me out guys. Again, I apologize.
    Last edited by everfeb; February 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM.