Thread: Craig Anderson...thoughts going forward?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Craig Anderson...thoughts going forward?

Ok gentleman, like many of you Andy owners out there, he is probably a huge reason why our teams are humming along so far. For me, Andy along with Rinne are the key reasons I'm in first place in my longtime big $$ pool league. The stats especially from Anderson have been spectacular from the start to say the least and I'd be lying if I said that I thought he'd be this good. He's been en fuego and couldn't be happier.

Here's the rub though and my question: The unfortunate injury to Karlsson is a bit of a kiljoy as this injury will undoubtadly be more devastating than the Spezza injury was as IMO, EK was and is the straw that stirs the drink in Ottawa.

That said, how do we play this one folks?

1. In keeper leagues like the one I'm in, if we can maybe deal Andy for a Raske, CPrice or Lundy to a team that is tanking, we bite the bullet on a potential keeper and do it and deal him away

2. Hold tight, hang on to Andy and have faith Maclean can keep the troops going and maybe Sens pull off a deal for a Wiz type Dman and they'll end up being fine and Andy's stats won't suffer all to much

I'm leaning towards option 2 seeing I think Sens will play even more defensivly as they have been and hope and pray to win games 2-1 like the Preds do and hope Andy keeps up his solid play. Once again though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous that Sens will have a VERY hard time winning hockey games going forward and that it might be a good idea to deal Andy right now rather than wait as his value might not be any higher than it is now even if a "market correction" is coming and his stats might tend to get a bit back to normal which is still good but you know what I mean

So what are you Andy owners doing? And you non Andy owners, would you want him now as your goalie with no EK and Spezza?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Either way, the chances of Anderson continuing at this pace is very unlikely now. I'd be looking to trade him ASAP, his value is definitely still high. And I personally am not interested in him, but I am sure some platooning goalie owners will definitely take a look.
    ESPN 8-Team H2H Points

C(2) LW(2) RW(2) D(4) UTL(3) G(2) B(11) IR(4)

G(4) A(2) +/-(1) PIM(.25) SOG(.25) SHG(2) SHA(1) GWG(3) HAT(8) HIT(.25) BLK(.25) DEF(1) PPP(1)

W(5) L(-2) SA(.1) GA(-1) SV(.2) SO(5) OTL(2)

C: McDavid(K), Barzal, Kadri, Suzuki, Hischier, Keller, Teravainen
    LW: Huberdeau, Robertson, Verhaeghe, Caufield, Benn
    RW: Kucherov (K), Fiala, Thomas, Thompson, Jarvis, Necas
    D: Josi, Heiskenan, Dahlin, Hamilton, Hronek
    G: Oettinger, Fleury, Talbot
    IR: Andersen

Dobber Sports Expert

At this point I'd entertain offers on Anderson. First off if you have a lot of knowledgable GMs in your league as of today I think you'll find that his stock has severely plummeted. I'd try and entertain offers for other starters and see what you can get. I will tell you this as a non-owner I wouldn't be paying top dollar for him, I'd steer clear.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Newbie

Agreed that Andy's percieved value is down for this year though in a keeper league as the one I'm referring too as my league is, his value should still remain at an all-time high...yes? I'd pretty much be trying to trade him for a guy who I can't keep next year.

There's something about him though this year, can't quite put my finger on it but he seems as if he has this confidence about him that no puck is going to get by him. Guess I'm thinking he still might put up solid stats going forward and I'd still have him next year when team is healthy again. I don't know...tough call here

Dobber Sports Superstar

IF you lay out your team rules we'll have a better understanding of the situation and be able to give you better advice. No way in a one-year or keeper I'm trading my Rask/Price/Lundy for Anderson. If the league rules are such that I have a bad team but am rebuilding and could trade my Rask this year for Anderson and can keep Anderson then maybe but I need to know how many I can keep and which players I can and can't keep.

From your perspective if you're in first place and win now mode than dealing Anderson for Rask/Price/Lundy is a huge upgrade this year and enough to put you over the top then I would most likely pull the trigger but again it depends how much this hurts you in future years.

Give us some context to help you out.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Anderson owner in my league has been trying to get Price from me all season. He hasn't been offering much along with Anderson but this morning he offered Anderson/B.Richards and Anderson/Suter. I'm considering it, but it's pretty scary that Ottawa has lost their two best players, and I already wasn't optimistic about Anderson to begin with.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I just traded my Craig Anderson for his Jonathan Toews in my keeper league!

Yahoo! 14 TEAM - ROTO - KEEPER - C(2), LW(2), RW(2), D(4), UTIL(2), G(2), IR(3), BN(6)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Note: We get to keep 10 keepers!

C:
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Jonathan Huberdeau

LW:
    Taylor Hall
    Dany Heatley
    Chris Kunitz

RW:
    Jeff Skinner
    Vladimir Tarasenko
    Justin Williams

D:
    P.K. Subban
    Jack Johnson
    Matt Carle
    Slava Voynov
    Justin Faulk
    Brendan Smith
    Lubomir Visnovsky

G:
    Craig Anderson
    Jonathan Quick
    Ben Bishop
    Fasth

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sell high while you still can. Andy is notoriously streaky and the team in front of him is fully craptastic at this point. I don't like him long term either, because Ottawa has plenty of G talent in the pipeline and has no reason to stick with him.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I just traded my Craig Anderson for his Jonathan Toews in my keeper league!

Yahoo! 14 TEAM - ROTO - KEEPER - C(2), LW(2), RW(2), D(4), UTIL(2), G(2), IR(3), BN(6)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Note: We get to keep 10 keepers!

C:
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Jonathan Huberdeau

LW:
    Taylor Hall

Dany Heatley
    Chris Kunitz

RW:
    Jeff Skinner
    Vladimir Tarasenko

Justin Williams

D:
    P.K. Subban
    Jack Johnson
    Matt Carle
    Slava Voynov
    Justin Faulk
    Brendan Smith

Lubomir Visnovsky

G:
    Craig Anderson
    Jonathan Quick
    Ben Bishop
    Fasth
    Holy smokes was the guy that desperate?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by redprince View Post
    Either way, the chances of Anderson continuing at this pace is very unlikely now. I'd be looking to trade him ASAP, his value is definitely still high. And I personally am not interested in him, but I am sure some platooning goalie owners will definitely take a look.
    Maybe too late to get full sell high value.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    The Anderson owner in my league has been trying to get Price from me all season. He hasn't been offering much along with Anderson but this morning he offered Anderson/B.Richards and Anderson/Suter. I'm considering it, but it's pretty scary that Ottawa has lost their two best players, and I already wasn't optimistic about Anderson to begin with.
    Stick with Price man