Thread: Malkin/Hartnell for Stamkos/Giroux

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Malkin/Hartnell for Stamkos/Giroux

An owner in my 12-team, H2H league has been asking about Malkin and Hartnell and I'm thinking of making this offer. It's a keep-3 and I haven't got a shot this year. With Hartnell coming back as early as next week I know the other GM is trying to play the "he's injured and not worth much right now" card, but I don't buy it.

We start 9F, 6D, 1Util, 1G, and have 8 bench spots. Malkin has 57 points this year and Hartnell would have 46 points right now if he hadn't broken his foot and had kept up his pace. Stamkos has 62 and Giroux has 34.

Stamkos and Giroux would become 2 of my keepers. Last year my keepers were Malkin, Backstrom (C), and Fleury.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Stamkos/Giroux is better side.
    You won't get it... but might as well start high on your end.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you can flip Malkin + Hartnell for Stamkos+Giroux I will salut you.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

i'll third that. g/stammer is a ridiculous duo. hartnells nowhere near either of them.
    14 Team Keep 6 H2H

6F, 4D, 2G, 5BN, 2IR
    G, A, PIM, ATOI, PPP, SHP, FOW, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Ovechkin, Tavares, Backes, Toews, Brouwer, Turris, Boedker, Brown, Hudler
    D: Ekman-Larsson, J. Johnson, Faulk, Brodie, Edler, Goligoski
    G: Price, Elliott

Dobber Sports Novice

Talking

As good as Malikn is, he also comes with unreliability. I've never owned him in any league & would absolutely flip him for a Stamkos OR a Giroux! To get both, for a Hartnell, is astounding. Malkin has single-handedly beat me in many a matchups, & cost my "super-team" the Championship last year! & he's been playing at such a high level for a minute now, all he is missing is an injury. You hear about Stammer working with Roberts. You hear Giroux changed his diet. Malkin has relied on talent for far too long. He will work harder to keep up with the league & thereby always be the injury risk. In a keeper, I'll take 2 good knees & the guys that can stay upright!!