Thread: Trade Malkin & Fasth for Stamkos & J. Staal?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade Malkin & Fasth for Stamkos & J. Staal?

Hey guys,

I'm in a H2H keeper league (keeping 7 of 16 players). Categories with G,A+/-,PIM,PPP,PPG,SHG,SH%,HIts,Blks. A guy has offered me Stamkos & J.Staal in return for - Malkin & Fasth? I currently have 4 goalies (others are M. Smith, Crawford & Luongo).

What do you think should I make the trade? Malkin's production is down from last year and I wonder if missing Kunitz (on Crosby's line) and the return of Crosby is meaning less of the offense goes through him.

Also, do you think Fasth is the real deal, or if I'm getting J. Staal back in return, does it matter.

Interested in your thoughts on whether to make the trade or not.

Dobber Sports Initiate

That looks like a decent return on Malkin to me. Malkin and Stamkos are close in value right now and given your 4 goalies I'd feel pretty comfortable letting the weakest one go for Staal. If Fasth turns into a monster you might end up losing this one, but assuming Hiller returns to health and takes back the starting gig I'd say it's fairly even.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Malkin vs. Stamkos is pretty close to even in multi-cat.
    I prefer Fasth over J.Staal.

Fasth has huge risk/reward... and I think holding him is worth the risk.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm leaning towards making the trade. My thinking is that Fasth has only had 6 starts and he has looked great, but Hiller is coming back so there is the risk of him becoming a part-time goalie. Also there have been so many rookie goalies that it has taken 10 starts for the league to 'figure out' the goalies. Bobrovsky is a good example of this. Obviously Fasth has been a good goalie in Sweden previously so maybe it doesn't apply.

Also I think Staal is a good buy low. His SH% is very low almost 0.1% lower than his previous average and his shots per game is still good so I think he's a candidate to start scoring more.

As people have said Malkin vs Stamkos is pretty balanced. I like Stamkos more here as he's always consistently higher SH% and often G. He has more hits and blks. Stamkos also has a better health history, is 4 years younger and has played 2 less games this season (a bonus)

Am I crazy?
    Thoughts?