Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: where's Craig Anderson going?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    So you're telling me I should go pick up Lehner off the waiver wire in one of my leagues...
    I wouldn't want to own Lehner in a one-year league with the way the team looks right now lol.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    He's not moving. They lost Karlsson, but they're still as of today in the playoffs.

No way management throws in the towel this early.
    Assuming they don't make a huge trade to replace Spezza and Karlsson, and the fact that they have played the most games and are only 5 points ahead of 11th, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that the playoffs are a pipe dream at this point.

I could be wrong and stranger things have happened, but all evidence leads to the chances not being good.

Banned

well murray said he wont be moving anderson but we'll see when the deadline rolls around

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I wouldn't want to own Lehner in a one-year league with the way the team looks right now lol.
    Everyone go get Lehner!!! IMMEDIATELY!!!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

So here's a completely serious question:

If Sens fans believe the team is done, they should tank, trade Anderson, etc etc etc.... Should they also trade Alfie so he has a shot at winning the Cup?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Am I the only one that finds it comical that Sens fans want to tank the season lol

Seriously if I was a Sens fan and this happened, I'd be pissed if they sold out and tanked. Have a little faith in the team. Do you really think if you asked the players on the team if tanking would be a good idea, they would give positive answers? Just think about how that affects players mind sets going forward if that were to happen.

Yes Spezza and Karlson are a huge part of the team but you don't ****ing give up, grow a set.
    14 team ESPN Keeper league, weekly H2H(keep any 10, max 2 goalies) Play 2 of each forward position, 4 D and 2 G and 1 utility
    G, A, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, Hat, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, Saves, SO's, GAA, Save %
    2 pickups per week max(was at 3 but apple sauce forgot)

Forwards:Crosby, Parise, Sharp, Tarasenko, Strome, Kesler, Mikael Granland, Komarov, Roussel, Zajac, Versteeg, Smith Pelly, M Johansson
    Defense: Doughty,Franson, Vatanen, Wideman
    Goalies: Rinne, C.Anderson, Svedberg
    IR: Tom Wilson
    IR: Nichuskin

Banned

Never want my team to suck, or suck on purpose. Just being realistic. Anderson will have to stand on his head.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    So here's a completely serious question:

If Sens fans believe the team is done, they should tank, trade Anderson, etc etc etc.... Should they also trade Alfie so he has a shot at winning the Cup?
    Naw, he wouldn't get enough in return to warrant a trade IMO.

Dobber Sports Icon

On a side note, never ever ever google image search "Too many dicks" without checking to make sure you have safe search turned on. I need to go have a hot shower now, I feel dirty and violated.

Dobber Sports Ninja

As an Oiler fan, I would love to see Anderson in Edmonton. Yeah, Dubnyk has played well, but I just don't trust him. An Anderson/something for Gagner/something deal would be alright, but that would leave Edmonton too thin at C. Ottawa should just trade Anderson for Whitney to help out a fellow Canadian team not named Toronto or Montreal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Blood, sweat and tears....... (and dicks) now is the test for the Sens. I think they should muster up all the remnents of non stardom and grind this out. This is and can be a great time for growing for the youngsters on the team.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    As an Oiler fan, I would love to see Anderson in Edmonton. Yeah, Dubnyk has played well, but I just don't trust him. An Anderson/something for Gagner/something deal would be alright, but that would leave Edmonton too thin at C. Ottawa should just trade Anderson for Whitney to help out a fellow Canadian team not named Toronto or Montreal.
    Trying to trade Gagner again, eh?

I don't get that at all. You might not trust Dubnyk but Anderson hasn't proven himself so dependable that he's really an upgrade. Doing this would only serve to make the team worse and render the Oilers' MVP this season (Dubnyk) redundant and useless. Seems a step back to me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Why they won't trade Anderson:

-He's playing like a stud and is on a Hart/Vezina like tear right now. The players in front of him will play with more confidence the rest of the way knowing he's behind them.

-He's signed until 2014-15 at a very reasonable cap hit of 3.1m/yr.

-The core of the team will be intact next year. Why wouldn't they keep Anderson around for the next 2 seasons to help build a serious contender.

If he's a UFA they trade him, but for that cap hit for 2 more years there's no way he moves.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Trying to trade Gagner again, eh?

I don't get that at all. You might not trust Dubnyk but Anderson hasn't proven himself so dependable that he's really an upgrade. Doing this would only serve to make the team worse and render the Oilers' MVP this season (Dubnyk) redundant and useless. Seems a step back to me.
    Ask the Avs about this when he carried them to the playoffs. Andys play this year is not new at all.

Saying that, you are definitely right, trading him to Edmonton makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Dubie has been great and is obviously blossoming.
    Could you imagine the damage this would cause to his confidence if this happened?

Why did i even mention that the thought is so silly.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Ask the Avs about this when he carried them to the playoffs. Andys play this year is not new at all.

Saying that, you are definitely right, trading him to Edmonton makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Dubie has been great and is obviously blossoming.
    Could you imagine the damage this would cause to his confidence if this happened?

Why did i even mention that the thought is so silly.
    No it isn't new but nor will the coming collapse be. Anderson is a streak performer, which is why he's never boasted a full season's worth of great stats.