Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: where's Craig Anderson going?

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have to think the Caps would be in play for him. I know Vokoun was there for a while but they've really been going through this project giving young goalies a chance for what....four years now? First Varlamov...then everyone likes Neuvirth more....then everyone likes Holtby more. Well they haven't worked so far....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I have to think the Caps would be in play for him. I know Vokoun was there for a while but they've really been going through this project giving young goalies a chance for what....four years now? First Varlamov...then everyone likes Neuvirth more....then everyone likes Holtby more. Well they haven't worked so far....
    McPhee should start rounding up the dicks now.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Anderson to Minnesota.
    Book it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Anderson to Minnesota.
    Book it.
    I find that seriously hard to believe. Harding is out with his MS treatment but he'll be back and Backstrom is playing well. Then consider how stocked their farm team is they couldn't possibly push anyone down another peg. Also, their cap space is LIMITED to say they least.

Also they hardly have the dicks to fill up an entire bag to send to Ottawa. They've got one huge one in Heatley but the Sens aren't taking that dick back even he brings a whole bag full along with him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's not moving. They lost Karlsson, but they're still as of today in the playoffs.

No way management throws in the towel this early.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

So all dicks aside.....should a fantasy team me moving him like, right now? Hopefully for something more than a bag of dicks.
    12 team keeper league - count top 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G - points only, goalies (W +1, SO +2, SV +0.1, GA -1). Keep 8 + 1 Goalie.
    C - Pavelski, Backstrom, Kopitar
    LW - Ovechkin, P. Kane, Gaudreau
    RW - Giroux
    D - Gostisbere
    G - Fleury

10 team keeper league - roto, start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1U, 2G - Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, S%, SO
    C - Tavares, T. Johnson, Stepan, Kreijci, Hertl, Bennett
    LW - Hall, Ladd, Lucic, E. Kane
    RW - Kucherov, Silfverberg, Duclair
    D - Burns, Barrie, Hamilton, Rielly, Klefbolm, A. Larsson
    G - Holtby, Bishop

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Seeler View Post
    So all dicks aside.....should a fantasy team me moving him like, right now? Hopefully for something more than a bag of dicks.
    Oh God this thread is killing me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    He's not moving. They lost Karlsson, but they're still as of today in the playoffs.

No way management throws in the towel this early.
    They pretty much have to.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    They pretty much have to.
    I disagree. Things look pretty poor but they still have some decent guys in place. This reminds me of the Pens' situation when they lost Crosby and Malkin. This team can still make the playoffs. And Ottawa has a better team IMO than the Pens did without Crosby and Malkin. The other difference in their situation is that Spezza could come back before the end of the season. This team could manage to eek their way into the playoffs just in time for Spezza to return then who knows what could happen in the post season. Especially if Anderson can get hot at the end of the season.
    Last edited by letangerang58; February 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    I disagree. Things look pretty poor but they still have some decent guys in place. This reminds me of the Pens' situation when they lost Crosby and Malkin. And Ottawa has a better team IMO than the Pens did without Crosby and Malkin. The other difference in their situation is that Spezza could come back before the end of the season. This team could manage to eek their way into the playoffs just in time for Spezza to return then who knows what could happen in the post season. Especially if Anderson can get hot at the end of the season.
    ^ Agree with this.
    The Sens will at least evaluate for the next month.
    A team can not send a message to their players or their fans that losing one or two superstars dooms the entire team.
    An organization has to show faith in all parts of itself until its failure is clear.

Banned

Normally I don't support tanking but this is injury the worst-case scenario and leaves the team without a soul, without a way to generate offense.

If you don't consider trading Anderson, then you have to bring in other players to help the team this season. I just don't think there's a point. The better long-term option would be selling high on Anderson if you can actually get something good.

This team is bad on paper:

Michalek(?)-Zibanejad-Alfredsson
    Condra-Turris-Silfverberg
    Daugavins-Da Costa-Neil
    Greening-OBrien-Smith

Methot-Gonchar
    Wiercioch-Phillips
    Benoit-Borowiecki
    Gryba

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^ Agree with this.
    The Sens will at least evaluate for the next month.
    A team can not send a message to their players or their fans that losing one or two superstars dooms the entire team.
    An organization has to show faith in all parts of itself until its failure is clear.
    I also agree. Not saying they won't explore dealing Anderson, but no way they do it without seeing how the team does over the next month without Karlsson.

If the team plays strong defensive hockey, they might still squeak into the playoffs, even without Karlsson. Every home game in the playoffs is big $$$ for the team. Teams don't blow things up while they are still in a playoff position.

That said, even if they are out of the playoffs in a month or so, I don't know if they will deal Anderson. With him, Karlsson, and Spezza next year, Ottawa could have a strong team. I don't see them relying on Lehner when he hasn't even been a full-time backup in the NHL yet. Lehner is the goalie of the future, but he has to sit on the bench and be a backup for a couple of seasons (at least) before he is given a full-time job.

I like the idea of getting a lot for Anderson, but I just don't see it happening.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I also agree. Not saying they won't explore dealing Anderson, but no way they do it without seeing how the team does over the next month without Karlsson.

If the team plays strong defensive hockey, they might still squeak into the playoffs, even without Karlsson. Every home game in the playoffs is big $$$ for the team. Teams don't blow things up while they are still in a playoff position.

That said, even if they are out of the playoffs in a month or so, I don't know if they will deal Anderson. With him, Karlsson, and Spezza next year, Ottawa could have a strong team. I don't see them relying on Lehner when he hasn't even been a full-time backup in the NHL yet. Lehner is the goalie of the future, but he has to sit on the bench and be a backup for a couple of seasons (at least) before he is given a full-time job.

I like the idea of getting a lot for Anderson, but I just don't see it happening.
    This.

I like the idea of getting a few skaters with upside for Anderson but management might be worried about how it will look to fans to blow it up right now and give up on the season when their strong defensive play+Anderson could still make them competitive and a playoff team.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Banned

Most fans don't care. There has literally never been a darker day in the history of the franchise. Fans believe it's all over.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Because the season is over. Who cares who's in nets? Lehner is a stud. He should be in the NHL. Just roll with him and the young players. It's only for 2 months anyway.

Lundqvist got the starting gig right away by the way.
    Lets not get carried away with the comparisons here. Other than nationality, they have nothing in common at this point...