Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    would sens trade gonchar to the pens after this? lol
    For Matt Cooke!

Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    With the best goaltending depth in the NHL (current best goalie and current best prospect goalie)
    Allow me to disagree. Lehner isn't even the best Swedish goaltending prospect, Jacob Markstrom is. Okay, Markstrom's numbers in the AHL pale in comparison to Lehner's, but that could be due to the strength of their respective AHL teams. San Antonio is 21-23 and Binghamton is 29-13, so of course Lehner's numbers are going to be superior.

The Hockey News Future Watch 2012 lists Markstrom as the number 8 overall best prospect and Lehner comes in at number 20. Dobberhockey's goalie guru, Justin Goldman ranks Markstrom at 31 and Lehner at 50 in his top 50 goalie rankings.

I'll admit that I really like Lehner, but before they traded for Bishop (WHY did they trade for Bishop if they thought so much of Lehner?) Lehner was treading water on the farm. Supposedly, Lehner needed a little push.

Just sayin'.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

I've heard completely unsubstantiated rumours that Lehner is a bit of a prima donna, feeling he deserves to be the starter in Ottawa. I wonder if that has been part of the reason the Sens have slowed his path to the NHL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Allow me to disagree. Lehner isn't even the best Swedish goaltending prospect, Jacob Markstrom is. Okay, Markstrom's numbers in the AHL pale in comparison to Lehner's, but that could be due to the strength of their respective AHL teams. San Antonio is 21-23 and Binghamton is 29-13, so of course Lehner's numbers are going to be superior.

The Hockey News Future Watch 2012 lists Markstrom as the number 8 overall best prospect and Lehner comes in at number 20. Dobberhockey's goalie guru, Justin Goldman ranks Markstrom at 31 and Lehner at 50 in his top 50 goalie rankings.

I'll admit that I really like Lehner, but before they traded for Bishop (WHY did they trade for Bishop if they thought so much of Lehner?) Lehner was treading water on the farm. Supposedly, Lehner needed a little push.

Just sayin'.
    You can disagree for sure, they are both top goalie prospects. But Lehner has proven a lot more in North America, won the Calder Cup and MVP, has been better at the NHL level, and is the best goalie by far in the AHL this year. Binghamton's record is so good because of him. He's the first star in almost every win.Markstrom has been declining while Lehner has been improving. Lehner also has an edge and the "it" factor IMO. Lehner is also a year younger. San Antonio is not the worst team, Florida is supposed to have a good prospect pool as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I've heard completely unsubstantiated rumours that Lehner is a bit of a prima donna, feeling he deserves to be the starter in Ottawa. I wonder if that has been part of the reason the Sens have slowed his path to the NHL.
    He was immature for sure the last couple of years. Not anymore. He's ready.

Dobber Sports Ninja

why? why do the hockey gods do this to the best?
    It's cause you jinxed him with that "legend" thread...

Administrator

You can disagree for sure, they are both top goalie prospects. But Lehner has proven a lot more in North America, won the Calder Cup and MVP, has been better at the NHL level, and is the best goalie by far in the AHL this year. Binghamton's record is so good because of him. He's the first star in almost every win.Markstrom has been declining while Lehner has been improving. Lehner also has an edge and the "it" factor IMO. Lehner is also a year younger. San Antonio is not the worst team, Florida is supposed to have a good prospect pool as well.
    A ton of Florida's top prospects aren't playing at the pro level yet. They are either still in junior, in the NCAA or in Europe. Just a quick perusal of the two teams' Hockey's Future pages will show you the Sens have more at the pro level right now.

Administrator

He was immature for sure the last couple of years. Not anymore. He's ready.
    These are things I like to hear. You think the Sens acquisition of Bishop was a wakeup call there or am I reading too much into it.

Banned

I can't tell. You be the judge:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    These are things I like to hear. You think the Sens acquisition of Bishop was a wakeup call there or am I reading too much into it.
    well they needed a goalie when Anderson was injured last year, but yeah it also was to push Lehner and humble him I guess

The Great One

Or to keep Lehner improving in the AHL while Bishop rides the pine.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's cause you jinxed him with that "legend" thread...
    LOOOOL I was thinking the SAME thing.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Banned

Hey I didn't make the legend thread lol

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Or it could be because Binghamtons record is better because of Lehner?

Lehner 978 shots against, 0.946 GAA
    Markstrom 1008 SA, 0.923

The Bing Sens lost all their top d - Benoit (2nd leading scorer), Wiercioch, Borowieki.
    Plus missing Silfverberg (top scorer), Da costa, Zibinejad.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Or it could be because Binghamtons record is better because of Lehner?

Lehner 978 shots against, 0.946 GAA
    Markstrom 1008 SA, 0.923

The Bing Sens lost all their top d - Benoit (2nd leading scorer), Wiercioch, Borowieki.
    Plus missing Silfverberg (top scorer), Da costa, Zibinejad.
    Not gonna completely argue the point because I do like Lehner and think he is one of, if not the top G prospect not in the NHL yet. Although at 21 years old, you better be a special goallie to play in the NHL. Not sure he's there yet, but damn he's close

To me, the Markstrom vs Lehner thing will take several years to evaluate, so whether or not Lehner has better numbers in the AHL this season is irrelevant. Dont' get me wrong, having great numbers is much better than having poor numbers, but it's not the be all end all at this point in their respective careers.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket