72. This poll is closed
  • Mikhail Grigorenko

44 61.11%
  • Jordan Schroeder

28 38.89%

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] #4 Grigorenko vs. #5 Schroeder

Administrator

Default [Cage Match Tournament] #4 Grigorenko vs. #5 Schroeder

UH OH! It's another Cage Match Tournament!

By now I hope you know the drill. Each week four matchups will be released (follow the links below to the other matchups) for you to vote on. The winner moves on to the next round.

This Cage Match Tournament was initially intended to be the inaugural Prospects Tournament but since the NHL decided to come back (Bastards!) most of these top prospects are now NHL rookies. I could have gotten mad, cursed Gary Bettman and said, "**** the lemons!" and then bailed but I've always been a lemonade guy so let's enjoy some lemonade. That lemonade is the first (and probably last) rookie tournament.

The criteria are simple:

- No goalies

- No defensemen

- No positions

- Points only keeper league with one caveat - Don't be a perpetually rebuilding knucklehead. No one has ever won a fantasy league with just potential so value this season ABSOLUTELY matters.

Now please, vote your face off!

#1 Nail Yakupov vs. #8 Brandon Saad
    #2 Mikael Granlund vs. #7 Mika Zibanejad
    #3 Alex Galchenyuk vs. #6 Jaden Schwartz
    Last edited by metaldude26; February 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Looking more long term here, gotta take Grigs but I would give Schroeder the nod this season
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Genius

Jordan Schroeder for me Boss.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Immortal

Grigorenko for me.

Administrator

Another rule to add:

Blayze can't get upset if the vote doesn't go according to his opinion.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Grigs. No need to explain between the two.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Schroeder for me on this one.
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber Sports Genius

I'll take Grigorenko...would be better on line 1 or 2....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Banned

I'll buck the trend and take Schroeder here, sure Grigs is sexier and has the huge upside but he I can easily see him turning out to suffer from LRS

Administrator

I can already see some probable ignoring of the whole "win now" caveat here.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well it's said in the description this year matters, but doesn't say anything about it being a one-year league. In a one-year that focuses only on winning this season I take Schroeder. But this year is only a part of the equation (a big one, but still just a part). For that reason I voted Grigorenko....Schroeder might outscore him by a slight margin this season, but in the future it won't be close.

If you wanted it to focus it only on "win now", you should have made it a one-year league comparison.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

I took Grigorenko and to be honest, I find it hard to understand how Schroeder is rated at #5 over Schwartz and Zibanejad. Sure he's a solid prospect but so are Schwartz and Zibanejad. Schroeder is getting the icetime he is right now simply based on the fact that Kesler is injured. I'm not sure he even makes the Canucks if that wasnt the case.

I guess its just my opinion, but I like Zibanejad and Schwartz more then Schroeder and would have rated both of them over Schroeder.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I took Grigorenko and to be honest, I find it hard to understand how Schroeder is rated at #5 over Schwartz and Zibanejad. Sure he's a solid prospect but so are Schwartz and Zibanejad. Schroeder is getting the icetime he is right now simply based on the fact that Kesler is injured. I'm not sure he even makes the Canucks if that wasnt the case.

I guess its just my opinion, but I like Zibanejad and Schwartz more then Schroeder and would have rated both of them over Schroeder.
    This was done intentionally to enforce the directive of "win now". My personal take is that unless you are dealing with a "can't miss" prospect that has a whole other gear of upside then production now matters most. Do Zibanejad or Schwartz have more upside than Schroeder? Maybe. Significantly so? No, I don't think so. So production now absolutely matters.

Now the question at hand is whether or not Grigorenko has that extra gear of upside and it's debatable. I'm merely suggesting that some people have ignored the "win now" aspect. Not pointing any fingers just tossing it out there.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This was done intentionally to enforce the directive of "win now". My personal take is that unless you are dealing with a "can't miss" prospect that has a whole other gear of upside then production now matters most. Do Zibanejad or Schwartz have more upside than Schroeder? Maybe. Significantly so? No, I don't think so. So production now absolutely matters.

Now the question at hand is whether or not Grigorenko has that extra gear of upside and it's debatable. I'm merely suggesting that some people have ignored the "win now" aspect. Not pointing any fingers just tossing it out there.
    Schroeder only has 4 points so it's not like he's tearing up the NHL. He's no Conacher. Grigorenko is one point behind him. For the rest of the season it's a wash IMO. Could go either way. After that Grigorenko's upside wins.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Schroeder only has 4 points so it's not like he's tearing up the NHL. He's no Conacher. Grigorenko is one point behind him. For the rest of the season it's a wash IMO. Could go either way. After that Grigorenko's upside wins.
    But in fewer games. I'm not disagreeing just saying that I don't think every vote has taken all of that into consideration.