Thread: Weekly lineup question re: IR/adds/drops

The Wolverine

Default Weekly lineup question re: IR/adds/drops

It's my first season in a weekly league, and I'm not sure of something that may be obvious but not sure how it works. These are the players:

Player on IR (A)
    Player to add (B)
    Player to drop (C)

There are weekly waivers that are processed on Thursdays, and we can adjust lineups for the next week that begins on Friday.

I want to add/claim Player B and drop Player C. However, if Player A comes off IR before, I'll need to drop someone before I can add/claim players, correct? So, does that mean I will have to drop Player C first to have Player A activated on Friday? Will that restrict me trying to add players on Thursday? Would I have to drop someone else to add player B instead?

I hope this is clear, does this make sense? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by horrorfan; February 12, 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

To be honest, I'm not sure either.
    Maybe PM temek, I think he's good with these things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It's my first season in a weekly league, and I'm not sure of something that may be obvious but not sure how it works. These are the players:

Player on IR (A)
    Player to add (B)
    Player to drop (C)

There are weekly waivers that are processed on Thursdays, and we can adjust lineups for the next week that begins on Friday.

I want to add/claim Player B and drop Player C. However, if Player A comes off IR before, I'll need to drop someone before I can add/claim players, correct? So, does that mean I will have to drop Player C first to have Player A activated on Friday? Will that restrict me trying to add players on Thursday? Would I have to drop someone else to add player B instead?

I hope this is clear, does this make sense? Any thoughts?
    It might be different for weekly leagues as I haven't really tested it, but Yahoo will deny adds/trades by default if you have a player on IR who's not eligible for IR anymore. I actually had similar situation with Halak this week in Pro Campbell and I dropped player and activated Halak in next week's lineup before waivers were processed for this exact reason. So I am not 100% sure, but that's very likely how it works. Anyway it's next week's lineup(Friday) that counts for this purpose.

So you are pretty much correct that if Player A comes off IR before, you have to activate him in Friday's lineup and drop someone(Player C) before waivers are processed or all your claims will be denied. Obviously Player A is now filling the roster spot you gained by dropping Player C so you would have to drop someone else to add Player B. So then you could make a claim for Player B by dropping Player D.

If Player A is still IR eligible when waivers are processed, you have more options to choose from. You could claim Player B by dropping Player C or drop Player C beforehand and claim Player B for the empty roster spot. Then you could activate Player A from the IR by dropping someone any time before weekly deadline for lineups.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    It might be different for weekly leagues as I haven't really tested it, but Yahoo will deny adds/trades by default if you have a player on IR who's not eligible for IR anymore. I actually had similar situation with Halak this week in Pro Campbell and I dropped player and activated Halak in next week's lineup before waivers were processed for this exact reason. So I am not 100% sure, but that's very likely how it works. Anyway it's next week's lineup(Friday) that counts for this purpose.

So you are pretty much correct that if Player A comes off IR before, you have to activate him in Friday's lineup and drop someone(Player C) before waivers are processed or all your claims will be denied. Obviously Player A is now filling the roster spot you gained by dropping Player C so you would have to drop someone else to add Player B. So then you could make a claim for Player B by dropping Player D.

If Player A is still IR eligible when waivers are processed, you have more options to choose from. You could claim Player B by dropping Player C or drop Player C beforehand and claim Player B for the empty roster spot. Then you could activate Player A from the IR by dropping someone any time before weekly deadline for lineups.
    Thanks that does help. Player A was just activated last night, so I'm going to have to drop Player C today and then adjust my claims (or remove the relevant ones) so they can all go through. What is annoying is that I would even consider dropping my IR player for someone else but will have to wait a week given the waiver settings.

EDIT: Actually I activated Player A for Friday's lineup. Out of curiosity I made a claim for Player C by dropping that same Player A and no error messages have come up. So I guess you can do it as long as your roster is not illegal (e.g. Player in IR slot when no longer there).
    Last edited by horrorfan; February 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    EDIT: Actually I activated Player A for Friday's lineup. Out of curiosity I made a claim for Player C by dropping that same Player A and no error messages have come up. So I guess you can do it as long as your roster is not illegal (e.g. Player in IR slot when no longer there).
    That sounds correct as you should be able to drop the player you activated from IR as once activated he's not any different to other players as far as adding/dropping goes. So making making claims with Player A as a drop should work just fine.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    That sounds correct as you should be able to drop the player you activated from IR as once activated he's not any different to other players as far as adding/dropping goes. So making making claims with Player A as a drop should work just fine.
    I guess I thought since he wouldn't be activated until Friday and claims are made on Thursday, he wouldn't officially be on my roster until then. But glad it works.