Thread: Torn over starts

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Torn over starts

Hey All,

I have Luongo, Rinne and Crawford as my goalies. It's a great problem to have but who would you start tonight if you can only start 2? Especially in light of Rinne calling out his team.

Thanks
    8 Team H2H- G A +- PPP SOG HIT BLK W GAA SV's SO
    C:MacKinnon, Barkov, Chandler, Thomas
    LW: B. Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, E. Kane, Laine
    RW: Kucherov, Fiala, Kyrou, Buchnevich
    D: Hamilton, Morrisey, Nurse, McAvoy, Dahlin, Gustaffson, Schenn
    G: Shesterkin, Knight, DeSmith, Demko

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's generally a good idea to post who the goalies are starting against when asking for help to give the question context.

Rinne vs. Sharks
    Crawford @ Ducks
    Luongo vs. Wild

Like you said they're all really good options to have. I'd start Luongo for sure and then probably start Crawford over Rinne by a slim margin.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

For starters, Luongo. There's no question about it. Luongo has without a doubt shown up so far this season. Against the Wild, a team that hasn't exactly found their groove yet with their two new star power players, Luongo will post numbers tonight.

Now, onto the dilemma. In all honesty, I think the argument between Crawford and Rinne is an argument you'll have to solve yourself. Total judgement call. IMO, I'd go with Rinne. 9 times out of 10 I would go with Rinne over Crawford. Sure, Crawford has been posting some nice numbers thus far in the season, he's leading the league in wins. I don't believe he's lost a game yet actually. That doesn't mean that won't change. Especially tonight against the Ducks. The Ducks are only getting hotter with every game they play. Just simply, to sum it up, we all know how Crawford is over a long period of time. He'll stay on this nice streak for a little while longer, and more likely than not start to drop off like normal Corey Crawford.

As for Rinne, what's to say? He's a Hart memorial trophy favorite as of right now, he's always up in the league leading standings. He always has the team on his back. He's a Finnish sensation.
    And, honestly, I just peronally like Rinne's chances against San Jose rather than Crawford against Anaheim.

Good luck on your decision! I hope I've been of some help!
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.