Thread: Goalie Help (who to keep)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Goalie Help (who to keep)

Hey guys,

I am in a bit if a bind in my 1-year point layout league.
    The points are allotted .15 per save 2 per win 5 per shutout and -1 per goals against.
    The problem I am having is that I have 6 goalies (I know it's stupid). They are:
    - Rinne
    - Halak
    - Elliot
    - Hiller
    - Fasth
    - Scrivens (because if the Reimer injury).

I can't really drop any of these goalies because they will get picked up. What do I do? I'm thinking of dropping Elliot and waiting on Scrivins until I find out the damage to Reimer.

I'm currently in 1st (believe it or not) and need to make this decision fast.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Icon

Welcome to the boards.

To get better advice, it would be nice to see your league settings ie H2H or Roto, how many team, how many players you dress, weekly or daily dress, etc. etc. and your roster. Putting these in your signature from your User CP page will make things easier going forward.

Even without knowing the details, I can't foresee it being beneficial to carry 6 goalies. You got stuck with 2 timeshares in St Louis and Anaheim. Given the St Louis situation right now, Elliott is probably a safe drop. He has been horrible. I'm sure you could use his spot to fill some production up front. Let someone else snag him and he can rack up the losses for them.

Obviously hang tight on the Hiller/Fasth situation for now. When Hiller returns, he will be given the opportunity to regain the starting job.

I would offer up Scrivens to the Reimer owner for a player. Don't try to get a huge return or anything, just something fair. If the Reimer injury ends up being serious, then the price can go up. If it turns out to be nothing, Scrivens is nothing more than waiver fodder anyway.

That's my take, don't do anything too hasty but I wouldn't want to be carrying that many goalies for too long. Just get a fair return on what you can.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the help, I was thinking roughly the same.

As for the league it's a 10 man head to head league with 1 win or 1 loss each week.
    Point layout is:
    - 1 point for goals
    - 1 point for assists
    - 1 point PPP
    - 1 point SHP
    - .25 per PIM
    - .2 per SOG
    - 2 per win
    - 5 per shutout
    - .15 per save
    - -1 per goal against.

My offense is:
    Lecavalier, Ribeiro, Nash, Semin, St. Louis, Gaborik, Markov, Morris, Wideman, Vishnovsky, Thornton (Joe), J. Staal, B. Richards, Conacher.

You start daily 2C, 2Lw, 2RW, 4D, Util, and 2G