Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zach Parise

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Zach Parise

Hey bro, what's going on with you? One goal..your only point in your last seven games.

Step it up guy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

For real! Get with the program dude.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Same with M. Koivu, really disappointing owning the big Wild players right now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Hey bro, what's going on with you? One goal..your only point in your last seven games.
    Man, he's really changed since moving to the US of A. Now we have to pronounce his name Par-ez-ee, not Par-eez-eh. He really misses the swamp.

He's looked good in the games I've watched, but no finish (or no Finnish when it comes to Mikko Koivu's production). I'm sure he'll turn it around on the scoreboard, the effort's there.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

The whole Minny offense has gone stale, not just Parise.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Tell me about it. Parise/Koivu-owner too...getting pretty frustrated. Cool thing is, I own Mr. 1-goal-Perry, Mr. I-don't-know-how-to-score-anymore-Eberle and Mr. 1-assist-Weber as well. I love fantasy hockey! Woo-hoo!
    10 Team ROTO League (ESPN), 6 Keepers + 2 Kid-Keepers (82 NHL-games and less played), 4 C, 4 RW, 4 LW, 6 D, 2 G, 5 UTIL, Game-Limits: Forwards 984, Defensemen 492, Goalies: 164
    CATS: G, A, PPP, PIM, +/-, HIT, SOG, BLK; W, SO, GAA, SV%
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Guggti View Post
    Tell me about it. Parise/Koivu-owner too...getting pretty frustrated. Cool thing is, I own Mr. 1-goal-Perry, Mr. I-don't-know-how-to-score-anymore-Eberle and Mr. 1-assist-Weber as well. I love fantasy hockey! Woo-hoo!
    Lmao....that's rough man. Maybe you're the bad luck guy for forwards on here lol.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

And not to mention the ongoing Luongo/Schneider-posse...
    10 Team ROTO League (ESPN), 6 Keepers + 2 Kid-Keepers (82 NHL-games and less played), 4 C, 4 RW, 4 LW, 6 D, 2 G, 5 UTIL, Game-Limits: Forwards 984, Defensemen 492, Goalies: 164
    CATS: G, A, PPP, PIM, +/-, HIT, SOG, BLK; W, SO, GAA, SV%
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's time for Minnesota to end the Charlie-Coyle-Top-Line-Experiment.
    It. is. not. working.

On the positive side,
    Parise has had 7/8/4 shots in his last three games. (Probably trying to "force" some offense.)
    And he is getting 20+ min/game.
    And, aside from Calgary, the previous games were against tough goalies (Rinne, Schneider, Mike Smith).

I think he's too good to stay in this funk... but I think the Coyle experiment needs to go away and bring Heatley (for as bad as he's been) back to that line.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The system Minnesota runs needs to change. For starters it's not very conducive to star players putting up numbers. Secondly, it's pretty much dump and chase and it doesn't jive well with the way Parise plays.

The Great One

He has 10 points in 12 games.

About right where he should be at the end of the season.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It's time for Minnesota to end the Charlie-Coyle-Top-Line-Experiment.
    It. is. not. working.

On the positive side,
    Parise has had 7/8/4 shots in his last three games. (Probably trying to "force" some offense.)
    And he is getting 20+ min/game.
    And, aside from Calgary, the previous games were against tough goalies (Rinne, Schneider, Mike Smith).

I think he's too good to stay in this funk... but I think the Coyle experiment needs to go away and bring Heatley (for as bad as he's been) back to that line.

Interesting you say that about Coyle, it's not what I've read from Russo and others who follow the Wild, by all accounts he's doing very well winning puck battles with his size and making room for his linemates. I think the shot totals for Parise are in part due to Coyle making room for Parise, compared to what Heatley was doing there.

I could see Coyle sticking on that line, although clearly there's got to be renewed production for that to happen, otherwise the pressure to take him off will be too great for Yeo. But I think he stays somewhat patient and sticks with it for at least a few more games, in part because Heatley with Granlund and Seto could be a very effective 2nd line. It's just a matter of time before things start to click.

One major problem is the PP, having PMB at one of the points with Suter or Gilbert on the other, has been a disaster. They stopped doing it, finally, in the 3rd period last night, when they had Suter and Brodin, and I imagine when Spurgeon's back they'll have him with Suter, right handed shot and all.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Expectations for Parise (as well as Koivu) were ridiculously sky-high on this forum. I think you were all bound to disappointed to some extent regardless of how he performed.

Dobber Sports Icon

Not sure which thread I read it in, but Iit made perfect sense - the Wild will really explode offensively only once Granlund, Coyle, Brodin take the next step, then they'll have the firepower for a great PP and more balanced scoring, which means the top line will produce more. It's very likely it won't happen this year, given the limited time they have to gel in light of the lockout and the fact there are so many new players.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Expectations for Parise (as well as Koivu) were ridiculously sky-high on this forum. I think you were all bound to disappointed to some extent regardless of how he performed.
    I'd say right up there with the year before when guys thought Carter/Nash were gonna tear it up. Although PArise is doing far better than Carter and Nash together at this point. Haha.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co