Thread: Avs/Coyotes finish

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Avs/Coyotes finish

Anyone see the ending in overtime? Coyotes were clearing the zone in a harmless play....hit the refs leg and bounced right to Phoenix....over to Doan and in. Game over.

Don't you kind of wish the refs could have challenge flags too? I hate when them accidentally getting in the way results in a goal. Especially because considering all of the action going on it rarely happens so they definitely do a great job.....but when it does happen they get criticized.

Dobber Sports Initiate

You mean Colorado tried to clear the zone, but yeah.

I was watching it and I own Varlamov and I was not pleased. Still kind of upset about it.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Ninja

You could see the ref hang his head in shame, he was clearly not happy with his involvement in the game winner! Thankfully, that doesn't happen very often.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Are you ****ing kidding me? That's how Varlamov got hit with the loss? I wanna punch a referee right now. As if Bryzgalov's clunker wasn't bad enough I got hit with that bs too

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me? That's how Varlamov got hit with the loss? I wanna punch a referee right now. As if Bryzgalov's clunker wasn't bad enough I got hit with that bs too
    Yep. In a shortened season.....shit like this matters much more. But I mean if I knew you owned Varlamov I probably wouldn't have started him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm still so f*cking pissed right now.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Stud

I remember some discussion a while ago about giving the refs the ability to blow a play dead if they believe they seriously intervened in the play (I'm assuming they cannot do this now). I am not sure this wouldn't create more problems to be honest (criticism for not using this enough, too frequently used, adds a subjective element). Until it can be shown that the refs dictate the results of games (via their intereference!) on a frequent enough basis then I think it is a matter of taking the bounces where you can.

I would be extremely pissed if I owned Varly though.