Thread: Veto Worthy?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Veto Worthy?

2 Managers in 1 year points only pool. Goals and assists are each worth 1 point.

Team A is in 1st place out of 12 teams and will trade his Joe Thornton (SJ) and Thomas Vanek (BUFF)

Team B is in 8th place (25 points behind) out of 12 teams and will trade his Pavel Datsyk (DET) and Claude Giroux (PHIL)

Am I crazy thinking Team A is fleecing Team B here??? Veto Worthy? Help. Thanks.

PS I'm currently sitting in 5th place 11 points back of leader Team A

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep ...crazy to think it. I know pre season rankings are bogus sometimes but Giroux is a consensus top 5 pick. Neither of the other 3 players are even close to that. Simply a case of selling high on Thornton and Vanek.

Dobber Sports Star

In a shortened season, team B might very well come out on top.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not even remotely close to veto worthy! Not all stars will rise to meet their preseason expectations (Giroux)...let the managers run their own teams.
    14 team, 1 year "H2H total pts" league
    g(3), a(2), +/-, ppp, pim(.5), shots(.4), saves, wins(4), so(4)

2C-
    2LW-
    2RW-
    4D-
    Util-
    2G-

Dobber Sports All-Star

The numbers make the trade pretty even on paper despite the difference in relative keeper value. This trade is very close for a one year league and not even close to veto. Let it go!
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

Not even close to being veto worthy, especially in a one year league. This trade getting vetoed would be seriously disgusting, there's no reason for it to be vetoed.

Datsyuk and Giroux may look more appealing to me and most fantasy players, but the other side is still giving up a great deal to get that return, and in a one year league who knows if Giroux turns it around. Who is to be say that Vanek is going to cool down, sure if history is any indication he will, and sure that seems more probable than him not, but Vanek staying hot could happen.

Crazy to think that this trade could be vetoed.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Snipeski View Post
    let the managers run their own teams.
    Exactly what I was going to say. Just because your perceived value of these players this season is different, it doesn't mean you can tell others how to manage their own teams. Not even remotely close to being veto worthy.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd be pissed if I was one of these teams and this trade got veto'd. Both teams are getting quality players. There is nothing here that makes this trade veto worthy. Good trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Vetos should only be used in cases of collusion. As others have stated, you can't tell other managers how to run their teams; they both made the trade because they wanted to and you certainly wouldn't like having someone tell you how to manage your team.

In addition, I think it's actually a good trade. I'd take Dats and Giroux, but it's not like there's scrubs going the other way.