Thread: Drop Elliot?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Drop Elliot?

I'm in a keeper and felt so wise to not only grab halak, but also Elliott. Lets just say im plummeting in goalie stats.

These guys available. Do I hold on to Elliott and just not play him? Or grab one of these guys?

Bernier
    Hiller (I have fasth)
    Emery
    Bobrovsky
    Ellis
    Khudobin

Dobber Sports Immortal

With Halak's set back tonight I would not drop Elliot. Maybe don't play him at this point but definitely don't drop him .

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd probably pick up Hiller, but you must have somebody worse than Elliott to drop.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    I'd probably pick up Hiller, but you must have somebody worse than Elliott to drop.
    I 100% agree with this. What's your roster/format, and who else could you potentially drop? I'm not sold on Fasth running away with the job... I think Hiller will get his starts.

Dobber Sports Ninja

yeah I'm thinking along the same lines as Skin Blues as well. You might have to bite the bullet and carry four goalies for awhile. Not the best situation but I like that idea better than dropping Elliott who is a (crappy) #1 goalie for the time being.

Dobber Sports Stud

If you start 2 goalies daily, there's absolutely nothing wrong with owning four goalies. I would drop Elliott for Hiller because I believe Hiller is better, and a Hiller/Fasth tandem I feel is better than owning having Elliott handcuffed to Halak. Once Hiller's injury is out of the way, I feel like he can still get the majority of the starts moving forward, and I wouldn't lose Fasth because of the way he's been playing and been played, along with Hiller's injury. All that said if you have a low ranking forward or D to drop, regardless of how poor Elliott has been of late, I would be inclined to drop one to make room for adding Hiller.