Thread: Frattin just keeps scoring

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Frattin just keeps scoring

I think it's safe to say he's not headed back to the AHL anytime soon. Anyone want to take stabs at his upside?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

it's over 9000

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    it's over 9000
    Would you say that's assist heavy? Or can we keep expecting the high goal scorage?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Banned

Frackin Frattin!

he's definitely exceeding expectations this season...especially as he's technically been mostly on the 3rd line has he not?

he's got great energy so I agree its unlikely they send him down the way he is playing but I can't imagine him keeping this scoring pace (ppg)...more like 0.6 - 0.7 ppg range I would guess

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Frackin Frattin!

he's definitely exceeding expectations this season...especially as he's technically been mostly on the 3rd line has he not?

he's got great energy so I agree its unlikely they send him down the way he is playing but I can't imagine him keeping this scoring pace (ppg)...more like 0.6 - 0.7 ppg range I would guess
    The chemistry he and Kadri have is fantastic. Only a matter of time before defenses start paying more attention to them and less to the Grabo line.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    I think it's safe to say he's not headed back to the AHL anytime soon. Anyone want to take stabs at his upside?
    He's clearly an NHLer at this point. In fact that much was clear last season. He's works his ass off and last year he was doing everything right...except putting the puck in the net. He has a great shot and that's going to be huge for him. He's strong on the puck and he has a good idea of where to be to score. He's not going to keep scoring at this current rate though. 40 percent is clearly unsustainable haha.

He definitely has top 6 upside. Easily I would say. 25 goals, 50 points long term? Probably with a few 30 goal years interspersed in there.

Kadri and him together are money. Their chemistry together is unreal. And it's not just at the NHL level. When they were playing together in the AHL, they were playing fantastically. During the Calder Cup last year they were fantastic together. As long as they continue to play together, I could see them being a legit second line scoring option. Which is insane since they continue to get third line time.

As a side note, Kadri is showing why a few Leaf fans were high on him.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    The chemistry he and Kadri have is fantastic. Only a matter of time before defenses start paying more attention to them and less to the Grabo line.
    That's actually the beauty of the setup the Leafs have right now. They have three legitimate scoring lines. You can't leave Kessel/JVR alone as they are going to burn you. Kessel alone needs to be shut down. Ok so you do it.

Then you have to choose which line to focus on. Grabo/Kulemin or Frattin/Kadri? As it is right now, both are offensively dangerous, hard working lines. You simply can't only focus on one of them and not expect to get burned.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    That's actually the beauty of the setup the Leafs have right now. They have three legitimate scoring lines. You can't leave Kessel/JVR alone as they are going to burn you. Kessel alone needs to be shut down. Ok so you do it.

Then you have to choose which line to focus on. Grabo/Kulemin or Frattin/Kadri? As it is right now, both are offensively dangerous, hard working lines. You simply can't only focus on one of them and not expect to get burned.

I agree, that's always a potent thing when you can roll 3 dangerous scoring lines over and over. Sometimes you don't even need top tier talent if you have consistent depth and work ethic across all the lines

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He has scored at every level....no reason to believe he can't keep doing it in the NHL. He has a great shot and excellent hockey sense.
    Also, I could be wrong but I believe he would have to clear waivers to be sent down now.....no way that happens.