Thread: Antoine Roussel, Ryan Garbutt

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Antoine Roussel, Ryan Garbutt

Any Stars fans out there have any good info on these prospects?

Interested to know if any of them will be useful in my deep multi cat H2H league
    20 Team H2H Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H Stats: [G,A,PIM,SOG,PPP,SHP,HIT,BLK,TK/GV,FO%,TOI/G | W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO]
    Cap: $82,425,000

Minnesota Wild:
    C: Malkin, Carter, Kesler
    LW: Pavelski, Boedker, Nelson
    RW: Kessel, Gaborik, Okposo
    D: Yandle, Trouba, McDonagh, Y. Weber, Alzner, Lovejoy
    SKT: Versteeg, Berglund
    G: Fleury, Elliott
    BN: Reaves, I. Cole, A. Martinez, Merrill, J. Allen(G), Zatkoff(G)
    IR: Voynov

Minors:
    Prospect List

Dobber Sports Wizard

In dynasty leagues with good size farm rosters they're worth picking up and stashing and watching. In seriously deep leagues they might even be bench depth, but with the forward talent the Stars have their ceilings are pretty low, making them more likely to serve as injury fill-ins. That really depends on league depth though.

Garbutt is more offensive-minded and Roussel is more of an agitator. Garbutt did show some offense in the AHL, posting a roughly .6 pts/gm pace. I'm not sure he'll post that in the NHL, and even if he did he's still buried on the depth chart.

Roussel did post some decent offensive numbers in the QMJHL, but that hasn't translated to the pros, though he is having his best season offensively speaking this year with the Texas Stars, 19 points in 43 games. His calling card is PIMs though, and lots of them. In 146 career AHL games he has 372 PIM. The downside of that calling card is taking bad penalties, and it's already earned him one demotion back to Austin.

I'd say these guys are farm material in most leagues right now. Garbutt has the advantage as he sees more consistent playing time and has a small amount of offensive upside. Roussel could be a deep sleeper for peripherals if he can cut down on the stupid penalties that put him in the doghouse.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Informative article by thehockeywriters on Roussel

Roussel has 8 points in 13 games this season, to go along with his PIM and Hits. 7 points have come in the last 7 games. He saw 2nd line duties last game. I am officially intrigued.
    Last edited by VincentVega; March 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

I snagged him for reserve/depth (league below). Not a keeper, but should provide some insurance this year. And by having him on my roster I will be more apt to monitor his production and progress, in anticipation of next draft.

EDIT: Roussel, that is.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; March 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Roussel has certainly made the most out of this opportunity to play a top six role. He's been a bit of a revelation, and he's developed great chemistry with Roy and Eakin quickly. But with the talent in Big D, and in the system he's most likely a top nine player, albeit with the ability to step up in case of injuries or slumps. It's also a plus in his favor that after being demoted for taking bad penalties he's cleaned that up, and still hasn't lost that physical high energy style he plays with.

Keep an eye on him in deep keepers, especially dynasty leagues, as he is worth stashing to see how he continues to evolve and how he will wind up fitting in in Big D.

Administrator

Roussel is going to settle in as a bottom 6 guy. I just don't see him as a guy who can sustain the scoring. In roto leagues less ice time doesn't hurt his value. He just needs to hit and scrap.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'll be happy if Roussel ends up with Ott-like numbers in a couple of years.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Roussel is going to settle in as a bottom 6 guy. I just don't see him as a guy who can sustain the scoring. In roto leagues less ice time doesn't hurt his value. He just needs to hit and scrap.
    As long as he can hang with Eakin once Whitney comes back, and see third line minutes, I think he can post decent, not great, offensive numbers. You hit it though he's a peripherals type contributor. And he does possess the ability to line up on either wing as well as center, so he has versatility that will help his cause at not being completely relegated to fourth line minutes.