Thread: Raask or Smith this week?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Raask or Smith this week?

Title says it all, who you starting?

Dobber Sports Giant

both cappable of a shutout but i belive smith is the one that could have a 5 goals against night. i dont see rask getting blown out even if he has a bad game.
    id go with rask.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Phoenix has a favourable schedule this week though. They are in Colorado, in Nashville and home to Columbus. Nashville and Columbus are low scoring teams and Colorado can go either way.

Boston is home to Rangers and on the road to two high scoring teams....Sabres and Jets. I'd go with Phoenix.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Ninja

edit: nvm I was looking at the wrong week... thought Boston only had 2 games.

I'd go with Rask if they're both playing 3 games. Rask is having a stellar year, and Boston is too good, regardless of match-ups.
    Last edited by blayze; February 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree with the above poster on one point he made. Rask has been doing great and leading the Bruins to their awesome start to the season, while Smith has battled an injury and cobwebs. Overall, I believe Smith is the better goalie, but Rask is tearing it up right now.

Rask has the Rangers, Sabres and Jets in his next three games. While Smith has The Avs, Preds, and Blue Jackets.

So, based on their schedules, I'd say start Smith. The Avs are without their captain Landeskog, the Preds aren't outstanding offensively, and well, the Blue Jackets.

On the other hand, the Rangers are heating up, the Sabres are flourishing with Vanek, and the Jets are playing as expected, which isn't great, but not horrible. Plus, Byfuglien is going to be back in the line-up this week.

Smith>Rask this week.
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the responses guys. I was leaning Smith going in and think that's how I'm going to roll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If this was GoalieA on Phoenix vs. GoalieA on Boston... I'd take the Phoenix goalie because of the better schedule.

Mike Smith is in a contract year with Phoenix.
    He's got a big contract on the line with a focus on the stats he puts up THIS year.

I didn't touch Mike Smith in any leagues this year because I really don't like nerves that go along with worrying about job security. Smith has put up 4 gems this year & 4 stinkers. There's no consistency to his play. He hasn't had three straight good or bad games. I think you are playing with fire, even against offensively-challenged teams like NAS & CBJ.

I'd go Rask.