Thread: Sharp/Varlamov for Miller/MacaArthur

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Sharp/Varlamov for Miller/MacaArthur

Hey everyone. I've been offered Miller and MacArthur for my Sharp and Varlamov, team and cats in sig. I know you win a trade if you get the best player in the deal and Miller is clearly a prize. My goaltending is my weakest link as well. Should I pull the trigger on this, even with Buffalos struggles?

I also inquired about the availability of Pavelec this afternoon and was offered Pavelec, Tedenby, D'agostini and Desharnais for my Varlamov, Boedker, Kassian, and Backstrom....yeah...no thanks...

All advice appreciated
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bueller..Bueller...
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd keep what you have. Sharp is a massive upgrade over MacArthur. The gap is way bigger than Miller over Varlamov. So I'd rather have the Sharp side.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Wolverine

I find that the 'best players wins' is a bit overused on these boards as it's all about improving your team. Also, it's largely irrelevant who 'wins' a deal - you don't really win anything, rather if you fill needs then it doesn't matter who 'wins' or 'loses' a deal.

That being said, I feel the downgrade from Sharp to MacArthur hurts you more than the upgrade from Varlamov to Miller, even though you would be improving your goaltending. So I would pass on the deal.

By the way, you should also put how many you start in each position in your signature. It's an important detail to be provided especially when asking questions regarding possibly more depth players.