Thread: Giroux/Vrbata for my Kovalchuk/Kessel

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Giroux/Vrbata for my Kovalchuk/Kessel

For team in sig. Giroux comes with a cap hit of $35 and Vrbata at $4. I could drop Vrbata and pick up a guy like Brayden Schenn at $2 or Brunner at $1.

Normally I'd be all over this but I'm hesitating because Kessel is fiannly coming around and Giroux just isn't hitting his stride yet.

What does the dobber nation say?

For the record I don't see this affecting my keepers as I currently have Benn, Ryan, Buf and Schneider locked with they great cap values
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

No one wants to comment on a Giroux trade?
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Dobber Sports Icon

Vrbata at $4 is actually a pretty decent deal. All the guy does is produce consistently but he never gets the respect he deserves.

That being said, as much as I like the idea of bringing Giroux in, you are giving up a lot in Kovy/Kessel. Both of those guys have the talent to be Top 10 in scoring for years to come. Considering that you would not be saving much in the way of salary, I would probably just sit tight.

Kessel in particular is bound to pick it up. Eventually Toronto will either have to get him a legit #1 Center or will trade him. They can't continue this lunacy forever right?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks that's what I was thinking. Last year this deal would have been even in terms of total points for each pair. I feel that while Giroux has been sucking, Kessel has also been terrible but at least he is starting to turn it around (great to see as a Leafs fan). Kovalchuk is doing his thing so he's not a problem. I'll stand pat.

Thanks and rep to you!