Thread: Drop Conacher or Tarasenko?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Drop Conacher or Tarasenko?

For the team in sig who would you drop to pick up a 5th D to balance out my team. Both started on fire but have since done nothing in the last 10 days or so. At a $1 value both could be considered keepers for next year but they'd have to have a a really good season to beat lit other potential keepers. The obvious drop is Franzen or Koivu but I like their consistency.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    For the team in sig who would you drop to pick up a 5th D to balance out my team. Both started on fire but have since done nothing in the last 10 days or so. At a $1 value both could be considered keepers for next year but they'd have to have a a really good season to beat lit other potential keepers. The obvious drop is Franzen or Koivu but I like their consistency.
    If this is a keeper,I drop neither player. They are too talented and are surrounded by talents on contending teams. I'd rather bite the bullet now on an older player. It wouldn't surprise me to see Conacher or Tarasenko to be more productive than some of your vets by the end of this season or, at the latest, the end of next season.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Veteran

There is no way I would drop Tarasenko or Koivu. I'd also not really love the idea of dropping Conacher or Franzen even though you do have a glut of forwards. But given that you play only 4 D-men (and yours are all quite good), I'd stand pat and then try to work a deal for an extra D-man in exchange for one of your extra forwards if injuries strike.

P.s. If Letang's status is what's prompting this, I'd also explore the trade route. The guys you're thinking of dropping are too good to release 'em for a depth defenseman in my opinion.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Ace

If you drop either one, watch how fast they are picked up.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Being that this league is only 10 teams and our bench is only 5 guys there are a ton of guys on the wire I can pick up. Some comparable guys to Tarasenko and Conacher would be Schenn and Brunner.

The trade avenue is moot at this point as players salaries really impact player values and this is our first year doing a salary cap keeper league so guys are nervous to make "mistakes".

I'm thinking I'm going to drop Koivu simply because he doesn't get G, SOG, or hit and there really good options on the wire.

I'd hate to drop one of those rookies and then see them explode again. If the continue to run dry production I can move them later

Thanks guys!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Dobber Sports Wizard

Being that this league is only 10 teams and our bench is only 5 guys there are a ton of guys on the wire I can pick up. Some comparable guys to Tarasenko and Conacher would be Schenn and Brunner.

The trade avenue is moot at this point as players salaries really impact player values and this is our first year doing a salary cap keeper league so guys are nervous to make "mistakes".

I'm thinking I'm going to drop Koivu simply because he doesn't get G, SOG, or hit and there really good options on the wire.

I'd hate to drop one of those rookies and then see them explode again. If the continue to run dry production I can move them later

Thanks guys!
    Yeah, I can't see losing those talents at $1. I have to admit, though, Schenn does intrigues me with your cats.

W:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Same I do like Schenn with these cats and he's a good value at $2. I'll keep my eye on him and my two rookies and of he studs out better than one of them I'll snap him up

Dobber Sports Wizard

Same I do like Schenn with these cats and he's a good value at $2. I'll keep my eye on him and my two rookies and of he studs out better than one of them I'll snap him up

Fresh off of a 3 point game, too. Maybe he'll break out. I can't lie, at $2, I'd probably dump Koivu for him.

W:

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't lose any of M. Koivu, Conacher, or Tarasenko for B. Schenn.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I dropped Koivu and picked up Burns as I needed to balance out my team. But ill keep tabs on Schenn

Thanks guys

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm glad you didn't drop Tarasenko. All teams are going to go through peaks and valleys this year with the crazy shcedule. And Tarasenko is the real deal. Even if he does nothing this year, hold onto him for next.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I'm glad you didn't drop Tarasenko. All teams are going to go through peaks and valleys this year with the crazy shcedule. And Tarasenko is the real deal. Even if he does nothing this year, hold onto him for next.
    I only have 4 keepers. Would you hold onto him for $1 rather than some other good value (and more proven players) like Benn ($5), Ryan ($4), Buf ($6) or Schneider ($7).

Things can definitely change over the course of a season but right now I'm pretty set on those 4 being my keepers. If Tarasenko keeps up his torrid PPG pace I'll definitely have to reconsider.

Dobber Sports Ace

Given your limited keepers, and that the waiver pool is deep, I think these kind folk are overvaluing youth.

Schneider ($7), Benn ($5) and Ryan ($4) are no brainer keepers to me. Im not so sure a $1 Tarasenko is neccessarily your 4th keeper, and Conacher isn't even in the conversation.

You said Brunner is available. I consider Conacher and Brunner to be about equal (both playing with elite talent, neither is likely to become a keeper in a keep 4, but would be in a keep 8). If you can gain shortterm by losing Conacher (and replacing him with Brunner down the road), I'd call that a win.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post
    I think these kind folk are overvaluing youth....
    No way...that never happens on Dobberhockey forums....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner