Thread: Gardiner vs. Larsson vs. Morrow

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Gardiner vs. Larsson vs. Morrow

So my league is suddenly a more flush than usual with intriguing young D-men prospects with Joe Morrow being called up and Gardiner recently being dropped by another team. As you can see in my sig below, I already have Larsson on my roster, but I'm beginning to question the pace at which he will develop into (hopefully) a steady fantasy contributor and am considering making a move.

So, as the title suggests, I'm intersted in the group's views of who you prefer long-term amongst Gardiner, Larsson and Morrow given my league cats (primarily G, A, PPP, Blks, and to a lesser extent SOGs and +/-)?

To make a move, I could either drop Larsson or rid myself of Neuvirth since we can keep a max of 2 goalies and I'll already have to deal with a MAF, Niemi, Markstrom question in the offseason. I'm leaning towards dropping Neuvirth for this reason and also because doing so would allow me to scoop up Orlov and put him on IR.

Cheers.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with dropping a goalie. With only 3 goalie categories and only one of them requires quantity of goalies, a fourth goalie is potentially unnecessary. Though I might consider looking for a trade depending on the need in your league for a goalie.

As far as who to pick up, if you're looking at this year I don't know how much impact any of them will make. Morrow has not been impressive in the ahl this season http://www.pensburgh.com/2013/2/10/3...all-joe-morrow
    Also I'd have to guess with a healthy letang and Niskanen in a few weeks, morrow will go back down

Gardiner might have a shot if he can get back to the NHL. And I too am wondering where larsen's development is going.

So with it being anyone's guess for this year, I'd probably hold Larsen who should be a stud someday
    Yahoo H2H League: 12 Team, Full Keeper, 26 players plus farm team (3 round prospect draft, players<100gp)
    G,A,P,+/,PIM,PPG,PPA,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,W,Sv,Sv%,GA,GA%,SH O

Centers: Crosby, Duchene, Ribeiro, Weiss, Backlund, Shore
    RW: Eberle, Voracek, Horton, Grabner, Atkinson
    LW: Parise, Ovechkin, Moulson, Ennis, Tlusty, Boedker,
    D: Shattenkirk, Carlson, Del Zotto, Barrie, Faulk
    G: Pavelec, Varlamov, Lindback, Enroth

Farm: Lehner, Stalock, Salak, Yakupov, Rattie, Gudbranson, Josefson, Josi, Bjugstad

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I meant Larsson above. Sent from iPhone.
    Yahoo H2H League: 12 Team, Full Keeper, 26 players plus farm team (3 round prospect draft, players<100gp)
    G,A,P,+/,PIM,PPG,PPA,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,W,Sv,Sv%,GA,GA%,SH O

Centers: Crosby, Duchene, Ribeiro, Weiss, Backlund, Shore
    RW: Eberle, Voracek, Horton, Grabner, Atkinson
    LW: Parise, Ovechkin, Moulson, Ennis, Tlusty, Boedker,
    D: Shattenkirk, Carlson, Del Zotto, Barrie, Faulk
    G: Pavelec, Varlamov, Lindback, Enroth

Farm: Lehner, Stalock, Salak, Yakupov, Rattie, Gudbranson, Josefson, Josi, Bjugstad

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks capretto. Agreed about Larsson -- a bit of a snail's pace thus far, but has the potential to develop into a rock solid contributor in fantasy at some point and I'm hesitant to let him go at this point for somone who might be even further away in terms of development. So I also agree that Neuvirth is the most likely to be shown the door if I make a move. Unfortunately, I've been shopping Neuvirth pretty hard and have gotten luke-warm responses, at best; so while I hate dropping assets for nothing, I suppose that's a lesser evil than stubbornly holding onto a piece I'll never use and missing out on one that I COULD use in the future.

So putting Larsson to the side, I guess it comes down to Gardiner vs. Morrow.

I'm strongly leaning toward Gardiner, but intersted to hear if others think Morrow is, figuratively speaking, the second coming of Letang (as an aside, I passed over Letang years ago at a time when he was at Morrow's present stage and my D was anchored by Boyle, Gonchar and Rafalski -- right move, I won some championships, but it sticks in the back of my mind nonetheless)?

Thanks again.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov