Thread: Starting Lindback?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Starting Lindback?

I'm in a H2H league where I'm ahead 5-3 this week with wins shutouts being tied entering Sunday.

I'm wondering if I should start Lindback. I have the lead in GAA (3.21 to 4.39)and Sv% (.871 to .818).

Do I risk starting Lindback to get me a win or do I sit him down and take the 2-0-2 record in goalie categories just in case he has a horrendous start against the Rangers on the road?

I'm leaning towards starting him but I don't play a lot of H2H so I thought I'd ask.

Obviously, this is moot if Garon starts.

Thanks a lot!

Dobber Sports Sage

Do it.

Lindback has been playing well plus you've got a nice lead in the %s. Besides, Does he have any Gs going? If so, then you definitely start Lindback. Personally, I prefer to play aggressively.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

IF you have time, go back to this week's games for yourself and calculate the Saves and Shots Against. Now figure out how many conscutive goals (just add goals) it would take to ruin your Save %.

Do osmething similar with minutes and GAA. I would say as long as you can take having 4 goals scored upon, you have to play Lindback.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Do it.

Lindback has been playing well plus you've got a nice lead in the %s. Besides, Does he have any Gs going? If so, then you definitely start Lindback. Personally, I prefer to play aggressively.
    No, he has Elliott (reason for his bad stats) and Luongo. Was relieved to see Schneider in net last night!

Considering I might lose some cats as I don't have as many skaters going on Sunday, I also think I have to play agressively here and hope for Lindback to get to win.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I love the way Lindback is playing for TB.. I'm just not sure about today's game in NY..

The Lightning had a very bizarre day yesterday and they do run the risk of coming out flat today.. This is the Rangers 5th day at home in a row, so they may be well rested and ready to go. The Lightning have been on the road for 6 days now and get to go home right after today's game.. So they could already be thinking about that trip home a little too much..

I would proceed with caution.. Just my opinion.. But if you like to gamble start him and hope he can get you a win.. To be honest I have never sat a goalie in head to head, I like to pad those stats!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Newbie

Start him for sure. He's solid and his save% this game would need to be in the .750 range for you to lose the SV% category. He would also have to give up at least 5 GAA...

I think you're safe to play him and hope for the W.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Garon will be in net. He would've been last night had there been a game.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne