Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Grabovski takes a bite out of Pacioretty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Wow. Just a TAD over the line!

Mr. Mod, could you please delete that post from Mcgoo, as he seems to be implying (accusing?) that some of us on this thread "believe in" and should "go back to" to performing certain illegal activities.
    bite me

Dobber Sports All-Star

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    bite me
    what....and go through this again?

Dobber Sports Guru

This is the final thing I will say on the matter as this is devolving into a pissing match.

If Grabo had not already been engaged with Prust and could have easily turned around and socked Pacioretty instead of biting him I would be totally agreeing with you McGoo. However, from what I have seen that wasn't the case, he was trying to engage with Prust (which is scary enough if you are Grabo) and then he gets mugged from behind by MP. Now im not saying that biting is the most manly of responses but in the circumstances I don't think it was a total bitch move (after all he was trying to "fight" the toughtest guy on the Habs at the time), I think it was more of a reactionary thing and he obviously didn't bite that hard if there wasnt sufficient evidence to suspend him. In the end both of their actions were reprehensible

Anyways opinions will differ and if we all agreed the world would be a ****ing boring place. Im looking forward to the Feb 27th rematch in Toronto, thats gonna be interesting!!
    Last edited by wendelclark17; February 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

no dude it's not and I am floored that you guys are clinging to such a bizarre argument. You can watch it on replay, his arm is over his mouth for no more than 3 secs. You don't 'suffocate' in 3 secs, you don't even break a sweat. You guys are treating this like MaxPac is holding his head under water for 3-4 mins or something, in what world is this even remotely comparable? Don't get me wrong, its a complete douche move to grab a guy like that and wrench his head like that, but the leap from that to suffocation is ridiculous, there's nothing stopping Grabs from breaking out of that arm hold, spinning around and popping Max a good one in the nose, biting is completely unecessary
    The only reason it wasn't in there for "no more than 3 secs" was because Grabovski took a chunk out of it. Justified response. He was going after someone and gets absolutely mugged from behind. End of story.

The Great One

Im surprised the Montreal staff didn't take a picture of the bite/teeth marks for proof.

That would have surely ended up with a Grabo suspension, no?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    what....and go through this again?
    you hafta do it dude, its the ONLY justified action here...I am clearly suffocating your voice in this thread with all my posts, way more than 3 that's for sure. And the way I snuck up on you with those comments too, it was really a douche move to come at you from behind like that...kinda rapey y'know?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    You're suggesting that Pacioretty is not "tough"? He's tough as nails, dude. You have no clue.
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm not questioning Pacioretty's "toughness" per se, but he is not what would be considered a "tough guy" i.e. someone who is willing to drop the mitts and go toe-to-toe in a situation when he is ticked off.

Unfortunately, most players in the league like to engage in the post-whistle facewashing/scrum nonsense. It's idiotic. Those types of players are the ones I deem to be "artificial tough guys". If you have a beef with someone, catch them with a good clean hit when you get the chance, or drop the mitts and go toe-to-toe.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
    The only reason it wasn't in there for "no more than 3 secs" was because Grabovski took a chunk out of it. Justified response. He was going after someone and gets absolutely mugged from behind. End of story.
    cool! way to contribute nothing to the conversation.

shouldn't you be off somewhere making rash statements that you never back up with anything concrete?

Banned

I'm just glad the league got it right by not suspending Grabbo. They obviously feel people like Mcgoo (surprise, surprise) are missing the point entirely.

Punishing Grabbo without punishing Pac sends the message that Pac did nothing wrong. Clearly, he did. And in a way, the league is basically saying in their decision "you got what you deserved Max. Next time, don't be such an idiot and you won't get bitten!"

The "inconclusive evidence" is complete bullcrap.
    Even Leafs fans admit Grabbo bit him.

Pacioretty was immediately crying to the ref about his arm, showing it to him, and the league would have talked to the ref for sure.

So there was plenty of evidence, unless they believe Pac bit himself off camera.

So no suspension = blame both equally
    you really are a piece of work dude...amazing the circumlocutions you'll dance through to spin this as if we somehow don't 'get it'.

I totally agree with the decision of the league...furthermore I don't think any other Habs fan on here disagrees with the decision either. You're manufacturing more nonsense and once again trying to put words in people's mouths. MaxPac obviously didn't have a gaping wound in his arm like he'd gone thru that movie 'The Grey' with Liam Neeson or something, that would have been clear cut and obvious (though who knows, you jokers would probably still try to find a way to justify it).

The only message the league is sending on this is "we can't tell if the bite was intentional or circumstantial". Everything I've heard on the incident suggests that he had visible teeth marks on his arm, but since the skin wasn't broken how could the league possibly determine that Grabbo intentionally bit him? There is also no 'clear biting motion' on any of the replays. So if you cannot determine intent and the injury was not egregious then its 'inconclusive', its no more complicated than that. You know the leagyue talked to both of them. Here's essentially what they each said:

Max: "I had my arm around him and the little ****er bit me"

Grabs: "The big bastard jammed his arm in my mouth and raked it across my teeth, its amazing he wasn't cut open"

the truth is somewhere in between, I just find it more likely that the guy was actually bit in the situation rather than suggesting he and his teammates staged this elaborate hoax to ruin the career of Grabovski and bring shame down upom Leafs-nation!
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; February 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM.

Banned

More proof that you don't know Grabbo at all (just like prior Habs management who traded him away for nothing)... when the league asked him if he bit Max, Grabbo would have smiled and said "ya, and I do eet again if anyone stop da air for me."

Dude's psycho.
    so you're that Iron Shiek Camel Clutch muther****er who's been posting all the weird shit lately

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Talking

so you're that Iron Shiek Camel Clutch muther****er who's been posting all the weird shit lately
    The Iron Sheik is the reason I signed up for Twitter...his account is hilarious.

Guys, bury the hatchet here eh? No need for the personal attacks against each other. You each have strong opinions, it's all good, just drop the name-calling. Internet forum fighting is the equivalent to an after the whistle scrum!

There is such a thing as agreeing to disagree!
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Banned

huh ?!
    I was merely writing down how Grabbo talks.
    If someone is posting similar lingo, perhaps Dobber's I.T. people can put your mind at ease that I only post under one (emg) alias.
    I admit it was somewhat funny at first in a bizarre sorta way but then it just got weird and racist and redundant. But whatever, to each his own I guess dude

Dobber Sports Ninja

Are you not entertained!? - from the movie Gladiator

Love Bites - song from Def Leppard

That's not a bite, this is a bite - Evander Holyfield says with his best Aussie accent (as he shows half an ear)

I Chew Chew Chews You - Valentine's Day card

Does this smell like chloroform? - Max Pacioretty to Mikhael Grabovski (incidentally, the worst pick-up line EVER)

Can't wait for the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Does this smell like chloroform? - Max Pacioretty to Mikhael Grabovski (incidentally, the worst pick-up line EVER)
    Haha! Nice...gotta use the on the little lady.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Haha! Nice...gotta use the on the little lady.
    From the Movie "Hall Pass" isnt it? Awesome movie by the way...