Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Grabovski takes a bite out of Pacioretty

Banned

this sounds like the "she's asking for it by wearing clothes like that" thing that people always talk about it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    this sounds like the "she's asking for it by wearing clothes like that" thing that people always talk about it
    that's EXACTLY what it is like Ev, great analogy

like I said before, what happened to a good straight right to the jaw? that's traditionally how one responds to that situation...not sure how some of you jokers were raised as kids but we all learned in the first couple years that you don't bite, ever... if you did you'd not only get your ass kicked all over the playground, you'd be mocked for it for years to come...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

While I don't condone biting, I would've done the exact same thing if someone was trying to rip my head off with his stankidy glove in my face.

Pacioretty's move was as dirty as Grabovski's so no whining necessary IMO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Look at the screenshot I posted. Grabbo was the victim here and he defended himself the only way he could under the circumstances. If an attempted rapist gets thwarted because she kicks him in the nuts, you don't blame the woman and claim she responded inappropriately!!! This was all on Pacioretty. Do stupid things and stupid things might just happen to you.
    do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? you're comparing a scrum on the ice to a woman getting raped... hell, some other jackass called it 'suffocation' for crissakes! Hockey is a brutally violent game yet somehow 99.9% of the players manage to NOT bite their opponents despite getting drilled into the boards, or hacked/speared/crosschecked with a stick, hit with pucks and sticks in the face, punched, shoved, tripped, hit from behind, slew footed, kneed, etc etc. But you think little Grabs is getting raped by MaxPac? You've crossed the line dude...no longer just delusional Leafs fan, you're now in the realm of full blown schizophrenia

Banned

Look at the screenshot and use your brain for moment.
    Can Grabbo breathe in that picture?!
    Not a chance!!!
    So the point is that this action is not comparable to other hockey scrums, since most guys in the league are clearly not as dumb as Pacioretty and they know not to suffocate an opponent like that!
    how long can you hold your breath? is it longer than 3 secs? get a ****ing grip you clown

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    how long can you hold your breath? is it longer than 3 secs? get a ****ing grip you clown
    how long can you survive while someone bites your arm? is it longer than 3 secs?

i understand your side of the argument, but that was a pretty awful comment when it clearly has nothing to do with it.

pacioretty and grabo were both in the wrong. grabo's was a little worse but the blame is still equal.

"Pacioretty said he received a tetanus shot after the game as a precaution"

give me a break maxpac, you're making yourself look like a bigger *****

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

He actually said that? bwuahaha... what a bitch

Dobber Sports Expert

Look at the screenshot and use your brain for moment.
    Can Grabbo breathe in that picture?!
    Not a chance!!!
    So the point is that this action is not comparable to other hockey scrums, since most guys in the league are clearly not as dumb as Pacioretty and they know not to suffocate an opponent like that!
    here's the thing.

Grabovski's arms in this picture are pretty much not tied up.

Suffocation is taking things a little too far and is a bit over-dramatic. So let's drop the word from this situation. It overplays MaxPac's involvement into something criminal.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    how long can you survive while someone bites your arm? is it longer than 3 secs?

i understand your side of the argument, but that was a pretty awful comment when it clearly has nothing to do with it.

pacioretty and grabo were both in the wrong. grabo's was a little worse but the blame is still equal.

no dude it's not and I am floored that you guys are clinging to such a bizarre argument. You can watch it on replay, his arm is over his mouth for no more than 3 secs. You don't 'suffocate' in 3 secs, you don't even break a sweat. You guys are treating this like MaxPac is holding his head under water for 3-4 mins or something, in what world is this even remotely comparable? Don't get me wrong, its a complete douche move to grab a guy like that and wrench his head like that, but the leap from that to suffocation is ridiculous, there's nothing stopping Grabs from breaking out of that arm hold, spinning around and popping Max a good one in the nose, biting is completely unecessary

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    He actually said that? bwuahaha... what a bitch
    Ok, this is where it's obvious it's just a Habs/Leafs hate thing going on.

A human bite, depending on how deep it cuts, carries with it an extremely high risk of infection. A tetanus shot is one of the recommended precautions that any competent health professional would advise depending on the circumstances.

Pacioretty is getting that shot because medically it makes a hell of a lot of sense, not because he's a "bitch". If Pacioretty was a Leaf, you'd be trumpeting to the heavens how much of a tough player he is, how much character he has, to come back from the turnbuckle incident (that would have shelved many a career), how much of a team guy he is to accept way below market value on a long term deal because he loves the city and team, and how much of an impact he has on the community - you would point to the foundation he established at the Mtl General, where he was treated after the Chara hit, and helped purchase a fully functional MRI unit (see https://www.mghfoundation.com/our-am...tty-foundation).

Seriously, you guys are such solid posters on all things hockey, let's keep it at that, shall we. Enough with this inane back and forth that really comes down to just a manifestation of the heated rivalry between our favorite NHL teams.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Wizard

"Okay gentlemen, we play Montreal next week, give me 3 laps of the ice while holding your breath. We need to be ready for anything gentlemen" - Randy Carlyle (2013)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Ok, this is where it's obvious it's just a Habs/Leafs hate thing going on.

A human bite, depending on how deep it cuts, carries with it an extremely high risk of infection. A tetanus shot is one of the recommended precautions that any competent health professional would advise depending on the circumstances.

Pacioretty is getting that shot because medically it makes a hell of a lot of sense, not because he's a "bitch". If Pacioretty was a Leaf, you'd be trumpeting to the heavens how much of a tough player he is, how much character he has, to come back from the turnbuckle incident (that would have shelved many a career), how much of a team guy he is to accept way below market value on a long term deal because he loves the city and team, and how much of an impact he has on the community - you would point to the foundation he established at the Mtl General, where he was treated after the Chara hit, and helped purchase a fully functional MRI unit (see https://www.mghfoundation.com/our-am...tty-foundation).

Seriously, you guys are such solid posters on all things hockey, let's keep it at that, shall we. Enough with this inane back and forth that really comes down to just a manifestation of the heated rivalry between our favorite NHL teams.
    Uhm no... it's not a habs/leafs thing at all... actually I despise the leafs and I make fun of them every chance I get on these forums.

To be honest, I don't really give a shit how good of a guy Pacioretty is or what he does for the community... that's irrelevant to this discussion. This is simply a case of Pacioretty being a bitch and blowing this whole thing out of proportion to anyone in the media who will listen. Who knows if he actually got a tetanus shot or if he didn't, but who cares? Why even put that out there in the media? I'm not condoning what either guy did, but it happened, let's move on.

Max Pac flashed his forearm to the ref after the bite, and there was NO blood. The NHL just had their hearing, and here are their exact words:

"After interviewing both players involved in the incident and reviewing all of the available video and medical reports, the League could not determine conclusively that Grabovski bit Montreal forward Max Pacioretty.

The Department of Player Safety has concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to support imposing Supplemental Discipline."

Yup - they REVIEWED ALL MEDICAL REPORTS and still could not conclude that he was bit (although obviously he was). If the bite was THAT bad that it substantiated a tetanus shot, you would think there would be some kind of puncture that would show up in the medical report.

I know you're a habs fan boy and I respect your posts, but in my mind, sensationalizing this tetanus story was a bitch move by Max Pac.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I know you're a habs fan boy and I respect your posts, but in my mind, sensationalizing this tetanus story was a bitch move by Max Pac.

OK Blayze, respect your opinion that he shouldn't have "sensationalized" the tetanus thing. Obviously there is a lot of emotion there with Grabovsk and his ex-teammates, bad blood, I think that's part of what makes them act all crazy when they play each other (that plus the normal Leafs/Habs thing).

Now as for the comment that I am a Habs "fan boy", I'll ignore the boy part. Important thing is you respect my posts, that's the most important thing and I appreciate that, and the feeling is mutual. Since we're both talking about our "hockey advice-related" posts, no doubt, let's just stop posting on this thread topic!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Dude, did it not occur to you that maybe the smothering would have lasted longer than 3 seconds if not for the bite?! It's not like Grabo knows the dummy behind him will let go after an appropriate amount of time. Ask your doctor wife about the unpredictability of someone when his airway is cutoff, even for a few seconds.

Gee, they might just panic and do something unpredictable and regrettable.
    you're an idiot, go back to kicking dudes in the nuts, suffocating and raping women and whatever other ****ing nonsense you clowns believe in, this is ******ed

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dude, did it not occur to you that maybe the smothering would have lasted longer than 3 seconds if not for the bite?! It's not like Grabo knows the dummy behind him will let go after an appropriate amount of time. Ask your doctor wife about the unpredictability of someone when his airway is cutoff, even for a few seconds.

Gee, they might just panic and do something unpredictable and regrettable.
    Good point, the linesman should provide a ten count like a WWE referee in this situation.

Seriously, and I mentioned it earlier in this thread, when any of us feels like we can't breathe, we panic. It's instinctual to do whatever you have to in a situation like that.