Thread: Smith/Varly/Fasth

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Smith/Varly/Fasth

Owner just offered me a trade which would send me Mike Smith/Ehrhoff for my PK. I rejected it because losing PK would deplete my D right now. Same owner dropped Varly last week which I picked up off of waivers. Now that Hiller got pulled and Fasth is playing out of his mind, I have been debating picking him up. Not sure if I should have declined the Smith trade. My 2nd goalies have even inconsistent so far. His other D are Letang, Gologoski, Timmonen. So do I stay put, counter the offer or drop Backstrom or Varly for Fasth?

Thanks
    10 Team Weekly Roto Keeper League (keep 5)
    G, A, SOG, + -, PIM, Hit, PPP, SHP, BLKS, W, GAA, SV %
    Start (2) C, LW, RW , (2) G, (4) D and (1) UTIL

C -
    LW - Benn
    RW - Ovechkin
    D - OEL, Josi, S. Weber
    G -

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You might want to wait until one of the forum heavyweights chimes in (haha), but for what it's worth, I'd stay put.

Subban is a beast with your stats (he is anyways, but with hits and PIM he's 10x better than Ehrhoff), and if you got Smith in return, I'm not sure it's a big enough upgrade over Backstrom (especially since Smith has been pretty stinky so far) to warrant moving Subban.

Since it's a weekly start league, I'm not sure how much value you'd get out of Fasth (all depends on how long Hiller is out/if Hiller picks it up once he returns). That being said, I'd drop Varlamov over Backstrom and who knows, maybe you could trade Fasth to the Hiller owner.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This looks like a decent buy-low opportunity IF you think Mike Smith will bounce back. Ehrhoff isn't a bad D man to have. Personally, I don't think Mike Smith will have a season like last year, but I've never even watched him play, and I've maybe watched 2 phoenix games over the last couple seasons.

Since you only start 4 D a week, I think the BEST move for you to make at this point would be dropping one of your D men (Carlson? Hamilton? Pitkanen? Depends on what stats you need) and grabbing Fasth. Sit on Fasth for a week or 2. If he pans out, and you have 4 starting goalies, then move one for an upgrade in your lineup. If one of your starts falters (Varly or Fasth probably) then you can drop him and grab another D. I guess moves like this are a bit riskier in a shortened season, but you could be adding a lot of value to your team. There MUST be managers in your league who need help at G position.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Drop carlson grab fasth

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Unfortunately we can only have one extra player for each position or I would drop Carlson for Fasth. Thanks for the input.
    10 Team Weekly Roto Keeper League (keep 5)
    G, A, SOG, + -, PIM, Hit, PPP, SHP, BLKS, W, GAA, SV %
    Start (2) C, LW, RW , (2) G, (4) D and (1) UTIL

C -
    LW - Benn
    RW - Ovechkin
    D - OEL, Josi, S. Weber
    G -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by charmin1073 View Post
    Owner just offered me a trade which would send me Mike Smith/Ehrhoff for my PK. I rejected it because losing PK would deplete my D right now. Same owner dropped Varly last week which I picked up off of waivers. Now that Hiller got pulled and Fasth is playing out of his mind, I have been debating picking him up. Not sure if I should have declined the Smith trade. My 2nd goalies have even inconsistent so far. His other D are Letang, Gologoski, Timmonen. So do I stay put, counter the offer or drop Backstrom or Varly for Fasth?

Thanks
    Decline the Smith trade and keep PK. Since you have 2G starts, I would keep Varly. I would drop Pitkanen, who isn't much of a difference maker, and pick up Fasth.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury