Thread: Studs & Duds for Friday 2/8

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Studs & Duds for Friday 2/8

I'm going to lead off tonight with a special dud, call it....

The El Dud-o Grande

This is directed at the nimrod(s) at the NHL offices who gave us a Friday night with only one game. You take our "crack" away from us for over three months and this is how you make amends. Worst. Friday. Night. Schedule. Ever.

Now that I have that off my chest, more or less, let's get on with the real, albeit condensed, business shall we.

Studs

You've been hit by, You've been struck by, A smooth criminal

He may only have faced 21 shots, saving all but one, still Kari Lehtonen gets a stud nomination. He came up huge during the Ducks' flurry in the second period and kept Dallas out in front on the scoreboard. But what really cemented his place here was giving 'em the glove hand on that 3-on-1 shot from Winnick. In the words of Daryl Reaugh, "left-handed larceny". He's been the Stars' MVP so far and has many a poolie laughing all the way to the bank, especially in leagues that count saves.

Loui, Loui, Oh baby, He gotta go

Short-side top shelf is where Loui had to go. And did he ever. And that folks is why I preach that Loui will reward your faith. The Reverend NWO will not lead you astray on brother Eriksson! Oh, no brothers and sisters! Follow that wrister, unto the promised land! Can I get an amen! Ok, hyperbole aside, I know it's only one goal, and he has been exceedingly quiet on the stat sheet lately, but that play showed the skill he has. To calmly settle that puck and quickly snap off a lethal wrister into that tiny window, oh yeah, I believe. And so should you.

Duds

You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille

Glen Gulutzan must sing this to himself during the second period of every Stars game. Tonight was far from the first time Dallas has come out in the opening frame and taken the game to their opponents, only to completely disappear in the second period. This is a major area that the Stars need to address, and I'm sure they will. If they can correct this it will go a long way towards giving the fans hope that an end is in sight for this long playoff drought.

You can take this stick and shove it

Right in the Staubitz! Haven't heard any post-game comments from Brenden yet, so I can't confirm whether or not he's still singing falsetto. Yep, the final dud of the night goes to Brad Staubitz for his mini-meltdown, attempted neutering of Brenden Dillon. It's bad enough to fight like a little girl and spear a dude in the stones, but to also do it right in front of a zebra, not bright.

Pot shots

- Jamie Benn now has points in three straight games thanks to that tricky little bad angle goal. Need anymore proof why he won the accuracy skills competition.

- Jonas Hiller left the game after first period with an LBI. It's not considered serious at this point.
    Last edited by NoWayOut; February 9, 2013 at 12:55 AM.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Guru

Goligoski made an appearance in the boxscore twice! Finally.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Forgot to put that in the pot shots.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    The buy low window has now closed lol.

Yeah what the hell is up with there only being one game tonight. Fortunately I had three guys get me 5 points lmao (Eriksson Roy and Benn)