Thread: Cut Bait on the pieces of Bulin Wall?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Cut Bait on the pieces of Bulin Wall?

OK, he's on IR early on, comes off IR and....nuthin'!!! I've just about had it, but the pickin's on the WW are incredibly thin. Would you lose Kabby for either Enroth, Griess or Biron. Team and cats in sig, botom line, I just need a guy who will get a few starts and not hurt me to bad!! Right now I'm leaning towards Enroth. Miller is struggling so the door is open a crack! Problem is, Enroth has shit the bed so far himself. I dunno??
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeesh, that's thin list. Khabby reeks though, and it looks like even when he's healthy it's going to be Dubnyk's ball to run with. Of those 3....I think may be your best bet as it seems like he's getting about every 3rd or 4th start?

Best bet may to be to follow the injuries this w/e and see what happens. I'm not 100% sold that Kipper is going to be ready to come back......

Good luck with that.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

Nikolai Khabibulin - G - Oilers Nikolai Khabibulin could get a start at some point this weekend.
    Khabibulin rejoined the Oilers on Wednesday after recovering from hip surgery. He has yet to register a start, but the Oilers have a back-to-back set this weekend and coach Paul Krueger hinted Friday that Khabibulin could see his first action during one of those games. Krueger said he'll make the official announcement after Saturday's morning skate.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Superstar

First off obvious question: is Victor Fasth available in your league? If so grab him immediately he is only improving his stock each game.

This is what i wrote in another thread about Khaby:I don't see Khaby starting more than 10 games this season. Dubnyk has been the real deal his numbers are great and he has kept the Oilers in all their games (save 1 bad period vs. the red-hot Sharks) and won them a several points despite being outshot most nights.

Dubnky is playing great, looks confidence, and is the future of the Oilers so I see no reason as to why Khaby will takeover the starter's role. If Khaby is traded it will be to a cup contender as insurance and so he likely won't get many starts for his new team. He's not going to get traded to a basement team that actually needs a goalie to start because he's old and clearly not in a re-building teams plans.

If he's worth the 10 starts in your league then keep him but I wouldn't expect much. The other possibility is wait for Dubnyk to have a bad game or two and try and shop him to the Dubnyk owner as insurance.

Given what you offered I'd pick up Enroth or maybe Greiss or maybe roll the dice on whatever injury and hot starter opportunities come along.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Dubnyk is the guy...go ahead and drop Khabibulin.

I'd go with 1. Fasth or 2. Greiss

San Jose is a good team and gives you the chance for a win/good stats nightly. Start Greiss with confidence. He is also a sleeper for next yr. SJ may not resign him and he may be in line to compete for a starting job next yr if he signs elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't want to talk about Fasth!! My first boo boo of the season! I drafted him late with a warm and fuzzy and then he starts the season NA down in the AHL. I got impatient and dropped him. Bad Move!

I think I'll wait and see if Khabby gets a start this weekend and then go from there.

However, just to cover off all the bases; of Enroth, Greiss and Biron, we have one vote for Griese. Anyone else?

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd be going with Greiss as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post

I think I'll wait and see if Khabby gets a start this weekend and then go from there
    I think thats your best bet right now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well a pretty decent debut! And how long has it been since he actually played a game? Did anybody actually see the game, easy saves, stood on his head..What? Anyway, I still have no idea what I'm going to do with him so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He was very good