Thread: IR Drop Help.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default IR Drop Help.

Hey guys, so I just snagged up callahan a few days ago and I have him on IR as well as Kesler (who may come back soon) what Im wondering is if I should drop any of my current roster for those guys. Here are my options...

Conacher
    Purcell
    Oshie
    Heatley
    JVR
    Datsyuk
    Toews
    St.Louis
    Benn

My D is as follows,

Karlson
    Doughty
    Hedman
    Hamilton

Goalies,

Quick
    Brodeur
    Fasth

It seems like they are players who i do not want to drop, however I am in 11/12th place in my league somehow. Im not sure what to do...

Thanks for the help.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Also, do you guys think hamilton and conacher are coming off their hot streaks...? Hasnt been much action with those 2 the past few games.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Conacher is going to regress significantly.

he and his line mates were running unsustainable shooting percentages which are currently regressing and leading to an expected drop off in goals AND assists going forward.

Hamilton wasn't really on a super hot streak and indications are that he won't have a steep drop off as both he and his team-mates were posting lots of shots and generating sustainable offensive production.

on the other hand while Hamilton will probably sustain, there are lots of comparable options out there for the taking.

Dobber Sports Novice

If I were you I would try to package Conacher as part of a 2 for 1 trade to upgrade your D while you still have the option to sell him high and ultimately open up an IR player that way. I just did the same thing last week in a 5 for 4 deal with Conacher that enabled me to buy low on Phaneuf, Kessel, and Seguin. I'm not sure how the scoring works in your league so it's hard to say whether one player is worth dropping over another.
    1 Year 20 Team 28 Man Yahoo Daily H2H Category League
    Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 4D, 2Util, 2G, 8BN, 2IR, 2IR+, 2NA
    Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK; GS, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Carter, Stepan, Krejci, Bonino
    LW: Saad, Kreider, Maroon, Granlund(C), McKegg(C)
    RW: Hayes(C), Shaw(C), Yakupov, D. Ryan(C), Andrighetto(LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, Beaulieu, Edmundson, Matheson, C. Murphy, Del Zotto, Nurse, Montour
    G: Bobrovsky, Murray, Markstrom, Korpisalo
    IR: C. White, Fast
    IR+: Backes
    NA: Jarry, Gudlevskis