Thread: Quick - buy low or buyer beware?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Quick - buy low or buyer beware?

His owner is shopping him in my league. He owns Elliott, so I'm thinking about offering Halak for Quick + picks to see if it'll at least get a conversation started.

Thoughts on Quick? Is he a clear winner over Halak in your eyes?

Current roster/format in sig.

Dobber Sports Star

It would probably have to be you giving the picks

Dobber Sports Veteran

I own Quick in my dynasty league and I'm not sure how I feel. It seems like selling low is dangerous now, but so is buying low. Back surgery on a goalie will freak anyone out and could seriously mess up his career. I think the only answer available to us right now is that we need more data and info before making a big decision.

I'd tend to sit tight and keep in mind that this is a very short season. But Quick previously had a couple good seasons in a row. Do you want to gamble?
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

I can't imagine you being able to trade Halak for Quick plus picks. I couldn't even see Halak for Quick working straight up. It doesn't hurt to try though, and try I would. To me Quick is a definite buy low and not a buyer beware, grab Quick while you can, because he won't be available for long.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If someone wants to trade Quick.....they will "quick"-ly regret it.

But if you sense theres vultures around, go get your deal done! Good luck.
    12 team pts only A -1pt, G - 2pt, DG +2, PPP +1, SHG +2, GWG +3, W - 4, SO - 6, keep 14 (8-4-1-1)

Tavares, Benn, Eberle, Seguin, Couture, Ennis, Horton, Turris, Vrbata, hartnell, Stepan, Boyes, Whitney, read (bn)
    OEL, Schultz, Shattenkirk, Kulikov, beauchemin, franson, spurgeon (bn one a week)
    Quick, Miller, halak (BN)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It would probably have to be you giving the picks
    I agree with this - you'll have to give the picks. Halak + picks for Quick to the Elliott owner is a good starting offer and may get the conversation started towards making a deal. Who knows, it may not take much more to get the deal done, depending on the picks (if relevant enough to the other manager). Given that it's a limited keeper I'd be prepared to give a high-ish pick if that's what it takes. Or a player he covets that you're not going to keep.

The key bit of info you provided is that the owner is shopping him, which means he's getting impatient. It's a perfect time to pounce. But until you get feedback you won't know how much he values him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Quick but I do not think he is the cream of the crop Goalie that a lot of people do. I had him around 4th in my personal rank going into the season behind the likes of Rask, Price and Lundqvist. While I do think Quick is a stud I do not put him on the other 3 guys level. Quick had a stellar year last year I just see some regression coming. He should be a 2.2-2.3 GAA with a 917 SV% IMO which is still elite but not the top dawg. In my new keeper league that started this year I took Rask and Prices rounds 2 and 3 and was thrilled. Give me a the duo of Rask & Price over any duo in the league including Lundy and Quick.