Thread: Khabby vs Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Khabby vs Dubnyk

Khabby... wtf... he going to get starts or what ?

I don't see any hint of splitting... Dubs hasn't dropped the ball.

Khabby was an IR stash for a while, but now is back and I need to move Roy off IR.

16 team league, he is gold if he plays... which doesn't seem probably at this moment. Thoughts?
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Stud

He isn't gold if he plays. He is questionable. He will likely play one day this weekend as Oilers play B2B against wings and jackets. But i drop him. He is just a back up.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Get rid of Khabby. Unless Dubnyk craps the bed (which is seeming very unlikely) Khabby will be seeing a lot of bench time.

Who's on the waiver wire that you could pick up?
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Any goalie who gets starts is gold in a h2h 16 team league rostering 2 goalies. Especially when some carry 3 starters.
    So yes, if he starts, he is gold. Not because he gets you great numbers... but because he gets you starts.
    His performance isn't as relevant to me as much as play time.

I have Quick / Smith / Theodore as my 1,2,3... Khabby is trade bait to guys such as the team with Bryzgalov & Vokoun.

I appreciate the feedback regardless... so thank you.

Back to my original question. Does anyone see him getting more play time down the line? or anytime soon... any EDM fans able to chime in on Dubnyk perhaps? How is he doing? How is the outlook?

He has 1 yr left @ 3.75m cap hit (UFA this yr). Seems like nice trade bait if they play him and show he is viable. He has had good runs in the past.
    Last edited by icevenom; February 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't see Khaby starting more than 10 games this season. Dubnyk has been the real deal his numbers are great and he has kept the Oilers in all their games (save 1 bad period vs. the red-hot Sharks) and won them a several points despite being outshot most nights.

Dubnky is playing great, looks confidence, and is the future of the Oilers so I see no reason as to why Khaby will takeover the starter's role. If Khaby is traded it will be to a cup contender as insurance and so he likely won't get many starts for his new team. He's not going to get traded to a basement team that actually needs a goalie to start because he's old and clearly not in a re-building teams plans.

If he's worth the 10 starts in your league then keep him but I wouldn't expect much. The other possibility is wait for Dubnyk to have a bad game or two and try and shop him to the Dubnyk owner as insurance.
    Last edited by LawMan; February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I don't see Khaby starting more than 10 games this season. Dubnyk has been the real deal his numbers are great and he has kept the Oilers in all their games (save 1 bad period vs. the red-hot Sharks) and won them a several points despite being outshot most nights.

Dubnky is playing great, looks confidence, and is the future of the Oilers so I see no reason as to why Khaby will takeover the starter's role. If Khaby is traded it will be to a cup contender as insurance and so he likely won't get many starts for his new team. He's not going to get traded to a basement team that actually needs a goalie to start because he's old and clearly not in a re-building teams plans.

If he's worth the 10 starts in your league then keep him but I wouldn't expect much. The other possibility is wait for Dubnyk to have a bad game or two and try and shop him to the Dubnyk owner as insurance.
    Excellent analysis. I'm inclinded to agree... there are 2-3 desperate teams...
    If he doesn't get starts soon though, it is a waste. I guess i'll see how this weekend goes. I wasn't Fasth enough for Fasth. har har.