Thread: Penguins eyeing kulemin of toronto?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Penguins eyeing kulemin of toronto?

Talks heating up again?

The Penguins could be looking for a winger to play with Evgeni Malkin, and they could once again be looking at Maple Leafs Nikolai Kulemin. The Penguins asked about him last year, and apparently had a 1st round pick on the table, which was turned down by Brian Burke. The Penguins had 2 scouts at the Leafs-Hurricanes game on Monday.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit130205.html

Dobber Sports Initiate

Interesting....need to follow this as he is sitting on the waiver wire right now in my league! I don't want him if nothing changes, but if he plays beside Malkin EVERYTHING changes! haha
    12 team keeper league. 8 keepers/team.
    Skater Pts: goal = 2, assist =1, +/-, PIM = .5
    Goalie Pts: win = 5, SO = 3, Sv = .1, GA = -.9

FORWARDS:
    C. Giroux, I. Kovalchuk, E. Malkin, D. Clarkson, D. Perron, J. Pominville, J. Tootoo, R. Mason, R. Nash, J. Iginla, S. Gagner, R. O'Reilly, T. Bozak
    DEFENSE:
    C. Letang, Mike Green, A. Edler, N. Kronwall, D. Engelland, K. Yandle, B. Dillon, P. Martin
    GOALIES:
    R. Miller, J. Quick J. Hiller, C. Nilstorp

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting, could see that happening. But since Malkin already has Neal, shouldn't that article say the Penguins could be looking for a winger to play with Crosby?
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Interesting, could see that happening. But since Malkin already has Neal, shouldn't that article say the Penguins could be looking for a winger to play with Crosby?
    Malkin and Kulemin played together in the KHL before they came to the NHL, had great chemistry, and are great friends.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Malkin and Kulemin played together in the KHL before they came to the NHL, had great chemistry, and are great friends.
    ^^^^

This- seconded. Man I think he'd be a great fit there....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    But since Malkin already has Neal, shouldn't that article say the Penguins could be looking for a winger to play with Crosby?
    What are the chances they move Neal to Crosby's wing if they traded for Kulemin, and have Kule and Malkin together?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm reviving this thread because Kulemin was just dropped in my league. Not sure if a waiver pick for him makes sense, but I used to like his game a lot and if he gets traded to Pitts.....look out.

So....anyone hear any more on these rumours?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Star

Would be nice for Malkin. No idea what the price would be for him. It can't be super high.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I'm reviving this thread because Kulemin was just dropped in my league. Not sure if a waiver pick for him makes sense, but I used to like his game a lot and if he gets traded to Pitts.....look out.

So....anyone hear any more on these rumours?
    Whether or not hes traded hes been playing very well this season.

Id think if hes moved it would be closer to the trade deadline so Leafs can see where they stand playoff wise

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Whether or not hes traded hes been playing very well this season.

Id think if hes moved it would be closer to the trade deadline so Leafs can see where they stand playoff wise
    He's been playing very well at both ends of the rink. I don't see it happening, but if it does, it won't be cheap. Probably something like a first plus a decent prospect/young NHL'er

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd love that. I have Kulemin and Neal lol
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have a feeling this would turn out better than when Poni went over to the Pens at the deadline.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I wouldn't trade Kulemin. He's a very well rounded player. Even when he's not producing, he's usually good defensively, takes the body, good in the corners, and he's good chums with Grabovski. Plus he is reasonably priced.

Also, I can't see a good fit here, from a trade perspective. The Pens woruld want to trade a D-man, and I think the Leafs would want a forward back in any Kulemin trade, preferably a center with upside.
    Excellent point.

Dobber Sports Deity

So its safe to say that the Zach Boychuk experiment is on the way out. Boychuk hasnt worked with EStaal and now doesnt click with Malkin and Neal. Doesnt say much for his career going forward. I'm not going to say his career is over, but it certainly looks tainted.

I think Kulemin would fit in nicely alongside Malkin and Neal. Now if the Pens could only find some better wingers to play with Sid, they would be set!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."