Thread: Fasth or trade?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Fasth or trade?

League in sig

With the recent struggles of Hiller, I am really hurting in the goalie cats. Almost every other team has 3 starting goalies so I'm getting crushed in wins and saves automatically. What should I do here? I'm thinking these are my options:

1. Sit tight and hope Hiller takes back the number 1 spot soon. I think Fasth has most likely earned a timeshare which really hurts Hiller's value.

2. Drop someone and pick up Fasth so I've locked up ANA goalies. I don't want to drop any of my forward so the most likely candidate would be Goligoski which leaves me with no defensemen on the bench. Also, ANA aren't that great of a team where having both starter and backup locks up easy pts (see Boston, Vancouver, NY)

3. Try and fashion a trade. Most likely I'll be forced into offering a 3-for-2 deal so that someone is willing to bite on Hiller without me losing two much up front.

I don't like any of these options but which one is best. I'm thinking I should try and fashion a trade for someone who is strong in the GK department. Thoughts? Will rep.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If I were you I'd consider dropping Goligoski for him. I've never really believed in carrying a spare D because the bench spot can usually be taken up by a more productive forward. In this case, though, since you have Hiller as your goalie I'd pick up Fasth just to see how it plays out.

There's a good chance Goligoski sits on the waiver wire for a while, but I have a hunch that if you don't take Fasth then someone else will beat you to it. That's why I don't pick the "Make a Trade" choice for you..because by the time the guy accepts it and you wait for it to clear, Fasth may well have been taken by another ambitious GM.

Also once you have Fasth, then you can consider making some 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 deals to free up that extra spot for an offensive player again (or Goligoski if you really want him)
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Apprentice

And for the record, I'm currently facing a similar dilemma. Drop a forward for him, make an odd-number trade then pick him up, or wait it out to see if he's the real-deal. Sucks that Kipper went down for me.

But in a short season like this, and a 12-team league, I feel I need to act now.

Who to drop, who to drop...Voracek? Purcell? Conacher? Although I'd love to be able to get something for those Tampa guys now and not give them away for free. Sigh.

EDIT: It's official. Just dropped Voracek after looking at his TOI the past 4 games. Hopefull Fasth pans out!
    Last edited by NJDev803; February 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am also in the same boat. I have Rinne ( elite), Kiprusoff ( struggling and hurt) and Dubnyk ( playing great but unproven). Just picked up Fasth. I am trying to decide if I should trade the unproven Dubnyk and acquire Hiller to lock up the Anaheim tandem.

If I were you though I would drop Goligoski and pick up Fasth
    One Year Roto. 12 teams
    Cats: Goals (Weighted Twice) Assists(Weighted Twice), SOG, Power Play Points.
    Goalie Cats: Wins, GAA, SV %, Shutouts

Positions: 7 Forwards, 3 D, 2 goalies

F A Matthews
    F Laine
    F Kuznetzov
    F Monahan
    F Petterson
    F Duchene
    F Granlund
    D Krug
    D Yandle
    D Werenski