Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phaneuf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Phaneuf

What's the deal... been holding onto him this long.. please convince me it's still worth it!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bluck View Post
    What's the deal... been holding onto him this long.. please convince me it's still worth it!
    I hear ya bud, traded for him in the offseason for Jack Johnson. I think he'll turn it around, points wise and PIMs. Toronto is so up and down, and their PP hasn't been great. I'm still holding out hope and not panicking yet.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    I hear ya bud, traded for him in the offseason for Jack Johnson. I think he'll turn it around, points wise and PIMs. Toronto is so up and down, and their PP hasn't been great. I'm still holding out hope and not panicking yet.
    The main reason why I drafted him was for Pims and PPP and so far hes done nothing! haha i hope he can turn it around.. I guess once Kessel finds the net so will Dion.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's what I'm thinkin! And I traded for him for that exact same reason! Hahaahaha. Ohhh dear.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Im in the same spot as you guys. I think he will get back into form soon. Did he play during the lockout? If not, maybe thats why he is starting so slow?
    Last edited by Marwin; February 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Phaneuf's track record is the reason to hang on to him. Phaneuf is doing much right now, but he's normally a stud in multiple cats, so you don't have to rely on just one aspect of his game rounding into form. Even if the points don't start coming, I feel like his periphrals will only continue to get better. Depeneding on your league, I would imagine there isn't much in way of replacement, so that would be added incentive to keep him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bluck View Post
    Overrated, can't hit the net consistently with his slap shot. Unless your league counts hits, I'd be looking to move him.

Albeit now is not the best time because his stock is so low.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Deity

No one hits the back of the boards with their shot harder than Phaneuf.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

10 person multicat league with no hits/blocks only pims and ppp and about 6 keepers each not including prospects.. Dion wouldn't get me anything the way hes playing... I almost want to drop him for friggen Matt Carle... Dion couldn't hit the net in Calgary except for his first year in Calgary, being a Flames fan I should have avoided him but my strat was to build a well balanced gritty team so I woudn't need to pick up a PIM only forward. Have Perry whos dont jack all, Marchand who got hurt, Dion as well... man what a dumb strat.

Dobber Sports Ace

Add me to the pile of fantasy owners scratching their heads and wondering what to do with Phaneuf. Bieksa also, to some extent.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm in the same situation. Was stoked to see Phaneuf have a solid season last year, but geez this year has been just awful.

Funny too that every other player slump (Kessel, Weber, etc) has been discussed at length...and no love for Phaneuf.

Probably shop him once he turns things around b/c I'm afraid these inconstancies will occur in the future.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Wrist_Shot View Post
    Funny too that every other player slump (Kessel, Weber, etc) has been discussed at length...and no love for Phaneuf.
    Don't worry... now that Kessel has finally scored a goal, I'm sure the Toronto media will turn its attention to shitty Phaneuf.

That guy is such an overrated piece of shit. He couldn't hit the side of a barn with his slapshot yet he managed to hit Lupul right in the elbow. The only redeeming quality about him is that he's banging Elisha Cuthbert.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Do what I did! Trade his ASS for Gardiner! When They finally call him up he will dominate on the PP in Toronto. Do it now before they call him back from the Marlies. This kid is truly the real deal in my eyes
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Initiate

finally! thank u phaneuf
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Ace

It continues to astound me how little credit Phaneuf gets.

For all those comments about "couldn't hit the broadside of the barn" or "always hitting the boards," he's still consistently top 10 for defense shots and has only been below 200 shots once in his career (the year he was injured). He's also been below 4 percent shooting only once and has a respectable 5.9 (as a dman).

Offensively he was still top 15 in defense points last season on a team that had a rookie dman as the next best dman.

He's struggling right now but thats the result of being overworked and being place with a guy better suited to being a depth dman. Toronto needs to find another top line dman to take the pressure off of Phanuef. It would help wondrously.

And yet he's still one of the best multi-cat producers in hockey.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson