Thread: Gonchar or Streit?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Gonchar or Streit?

Mark Streit was just dropped in my league. I think I should grab off him off waivers, but, for keeper reasons, I wouldn't want to drop Faulk or Schultz to do it without a good reason (although Faulk more so than Schultz).

That seems to make Gonchar my most likely drop. Is Streit the better option? If it's very close, is it worth burning my #2 waiver priority to get Streit? In the five weeks of our H2H playoffs both Ottawa and Long Island play 16 games. Edmonton plays 18.

I could drop another player, but carrying six defense is not the way I'd prefer to go in a weekly start league.

Edit: I just looked, and Streit got over 11 minutes on the PP last night. Yeah, I probably should be grabbing this guy.
    Last edited by Hey Robbie; February 6, 2013 at 5:08 AM.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Star

I think hes a much better option than Gonchar. Not sure if I would burn a #2 waiver to make the switch, but its not a terrible idea. Depends on what you think the chances are of him clearing waivers.

The Wolverine

I don't consider it burning a waiver when you can get a solid player that will improve your team. That's what they are for. I would make that claim for Gonchar for sure. There's no way he'll clear waivers, so hopefully the manager with #1 waiver priority doesn't want him.

Dobber Sports Stud

More than worth it to use your #2 waiver priority. I can't believe anyone would outright drop Streit. Streit is a big time upgradge over Gonchar at this point in their careers.