Thread: Giordano and the Flames' PP

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Giordano and the Flames' PP

I posted something in the Flames board earlier today, and I thought I may get more responses on the main board. Plus, I'm not sure of the "etiquette" of the team boards...are they for team discussion only, or fantasy discussion? In any event, here's what I want to raise for discussion:

I was expecting a bounce back year for Gio. I didn't think the Wideman signing would push him off of PP1, and I had no clue Tanguay would be playing the point.

From a fantasy perspective, Gio has sucked this year. I hold out some hope that if the Flames continue to lose, adjustments will inevitably be made and he may get another shot at PP1. However, I don't know the Flames' coach or their system. What does everyone else think? Does Giordano have much hope of reclaiming his status as Calgary's top D? Will he be fantasy relevant this year?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Expert

I drafted him thinking much along the same lines, but a new coach apparently doesn't see it the way we do. Giordano is among the team leaders in ice time so there's some opportunity for points by virtue of that, but he sits 8th in PP TOI and 2nd in PK TOI if that gives you any indication of where Hartley considers his primary value.

I think it's possible for him to worm his way back onto the top PP, but in a shortened season this is tougher. I'm predicting a DOWN year for Giordano from a fantasy perspective right now...hoping I'm wrong.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask