Thread: Underachievers to Target

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Underachievers to Target

Anyone else have some players they feel we can get at a bargain...Players that are not living up to expectations and owners may be panicking and we can get at a discount...here are a few off the top of my head

Ovechkin only 4 pt!!!

Giroux - owners may not be panicking but may second guess a top 5 pickup

Sedins - not sure about this one..I dončt see them as 100 pt players anymore (statistically only a few players hit 100 pts over the age of 30) but they are ppg players so value depends

Perry and Getzlaf - both in a contract year and I expect them to turn it on

Kessel - not a huge fan but he is streaky and puts a lot of pucks on net so soon they will go in

Kovalchuk - a bit below expectations

Seguin - has the talent and ice time to start hitting up major pts

Iggy - the coach rides him and he is a stud...even as he ages

RNH -

Kopitar - rounding into game shape already

Eriksson - Now Benn is back and I expect a bump up
    12 team H2H - Points
    Cats G (1.25) A (1) GWG (1) SHG (.75) PPP (.25) PIM (.15) SOG (.20) BLK/HITS (.20) FW/FL (+/- .10)
    GOALIES W (2) GA (-.25) SV (.10) SO (3)

FORWARDS (START 6 DAILY CHANGES)

MCDAVID
    PASTRNAK
    PETTERSSON
    SVECHNIKOV
    B TKACHUK
    V NICHUSHKIN
    ERIKKSON EK
    O TIPPET
    T MEIER
    LARKIN (IR)

DEFENSE (START 3)

DAHLIN
    JOSI
    DOBSON

GOALIES (START 2)

VASILEVSKIY
    SAROS
    SOROKIN
    SHESTERKIN

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Some guys I'm frustrated with on my own team but sticking with them:

Kipprusoff - currently 1 Win, 3.42 GAA, and .859 SV%. I realize I couldn't get a bag of pucks for him right now, but as I'm researching potential trade targets I noticed a couple of interesting things regarding Kipper. First of all, the Flames as a team have allowed only 150 SOG against them this season. That's the fewest shots-against in the league and prorates to 2,050 shots against in a full 82-game season. But LAST Year, the team allowed 2,528 SOG (2,040 seen by Kipper) and he sported a 2.35 GAA and .921 SV%.

Basically, he's too good a goalie to keep letting in such a high percentage of shots. And as bad as the Flames seem this year, they're not letting up too many shots which I think bodes well for Kipper as the season continues.

Semin - I have him on my team and plan on keeping him, but I think he's a buy-low. He has 1 goal on 35 shots, which is a 2.9 Shooting%. His Career AVERAGE is 13.8%. Hell, his lowest ever shooting% aside from his rookie year was last season, shooting at 11.5%, and we all know what things were like for him last season.

Basically, he's too good and accurate of a shooter to finish the season with 6 goals (his current pace). I'm expecting a big surge at some point (hopefully stays healthy). I don't think he'll be dirt cheap because he does have 6pts in 8 games, plus he has that big name recognition, but I'd be trying to land him if I didn't already have him.

Doughty - Last one. Again I have him, but I think he's a decent buy-low candidate much for the same reason as Semin. Currently Goal-less, but with 17 SOG in 7 games, he's on pace for a total of 116 in this season (199 in a full-season - his career high was last year with 168).

Basically he's shooting more than ever, and if he scores at around his career shooting % of 7.3%, then we should see about 8 or 9 goals out of him.

I, too, am interested in hearing some underperformers who would make good trade targets at this point. I'm sitting 9th out of 12 right now and looking to start capitalizing on others' frustrations to help turn my team around.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Let's throw Loui Erikkson on that list too. 4pts.

EDIT: Dumb ass me. He's already on there.