Thread: Dubnyk the real deal?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Dubnyk the real deal?

He's been really solid this year in wins and losses. Starting to think he's worth a pick up over my Varly/Ward.

Goalies worth consideration on waivers:

Backstrom
    Dubnyk
    Hiller
    Reimer

Think Dubnyk is the best option of all 4 on waivers, just starting to wonder if he is a better option than who I have...
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd add him over Varlamov. I'm an Oiler fan and have seen all their games so far this year. Dubnyk has been the real deal and has looked awesome outside of 1 bad period against the Sharks. He's playing well positionally and controlling rebounds. Now that he has established some solid play he's going to get most of the starts going forward because the Oilers are still building and Khabibulin is hurt and terrible. The team is starting to play better D in front of him, still not great, and now that the young guys are rolling and putting up more goals on the other end he'll get more wins.

I'd definetely add him over Varlamov. Since your league includes SV and SA I would prefer to keep Ward whose real value is in those stat categories. Swap Varlamov for Dubnyk.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I'd add him over Varlamov. I'm an Oiler fan and have seen all their games so far this year. Dubnyk has been the real deal and has looked awesome outside of 1 bad period against the Sharks. He's playing well positionally and controlling rebounds. Now that he has established some solid play he's going to get most of the starts going forward because the Oilers are still building and Khabibulin is hurt and terrible. The team is starting to play better D in front of him, still not great, and now that the young guys are rolling and putting up more goals on the other end he'll get more wins.

I'd definetely add him over Varlamov. Since your league includes SV and SA I would prefer to keep Ward whose real value is in those stat categories. Swap Varlamov for Dubnyk.
    Thanks, rep given. Varlamov seems to be a really good goalie, only thing is that Colorado as a whole just seems to be struggling a little on both sides and that he isn't getting as much help as he needs. I don't want to give up on Varly yet but Dubnyk's performance can't be left unnoticed anymore.

D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't drop Ward. Varly yes.

Dubnyk's been playing very well, but I think its only a matter of time before that team gets lit up. They are giving up a ton of shots.

Banned

i agree with blayze. edmonton is a poor defensive team. this is the reason that they finished at/near the bottom of the league for multiple seasons in a row and they haven't addressed this issue at all. by adding two more young offensive players to your roster doesn't help this main issue with the team. their offensive stars will get points, but this team isn't going to win a lot of games and their goalie is going to be hung out to dry most nights. wouldn't suprise me to see this team finish near the bottom of the league again.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I wouldn't drop Ward. Varly yes.

Dubnyk's been playing very well, but I think its only a matter of time before that team gets lit up. They are giving up a ton of shots.
    Would you drop Varly for Dubnyk then?

Backstrom, Hiller and Dubnyk are on waivers right now that I would consider.