Thread: Trading for RNH

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Trading for RNH

Keeper league, points only. Thinking about trading Henrik Sedin + a strong prospect like Johansen, Nyquist, Bjugstad, or Shore, plus a high round pick for RNH.

Thoughts on fairness both ways?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Offering way to much IMO.

Don't get me wrong, RNH will be a very good, maybe even a great player but Sedin will put up around 90pts for a few more years, adding a top prospect and a high draft pick doesn't make sense...

Unless you plan to be rebuilding for 3-5 years but then again why give up the prospect and draft pick if you are rebuilding?
    15 Teams Keeper League
    25 Players Roster (12F, 6D, 2G, 5B )
    Keep 9 (5F, 2D, 1G + 1 skater) + 2 Rookies (F&D=100 GP, G=70GP)
    F&D = Points Only, G = Win 2, SO 1

F: Crosby*, Tavares*, Ovechkin*, Atkinson*, R.Strome*, Dvorak(R), Domi, Hishier, Hornqvist, Kapanen, Vesey, Caggiula.
    D: Hedman*, Ju.Schultz*, Savard, Trouba, Morrow, Walman
    G: Talbot*, Saros.
    B: Kovalchuk, Yakupov, Steel.
    * = Keepers from last year.
    (R)= Rookies from last year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

that deal is bass ackwards imo

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Initiate

Agreed way to much here.

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree with what's being said. H. Sedin for RNH is actually an interesting starting point b/c you're trading away a player who is producing now what you're hoping RNH will produce in a few years. In other words even straight up you lose the deal for probably 2-3 years and then win it for the next 10.

If you're okay with that kind of long-term goal a straight up swap is where I'd start. I'd consider throwing in a low-end prospect or a middling draft pick, but otherwise you're paying too much.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Newbie

I see your points and do agree that it's a bit much. I dont' think it's that far off, which I think is based on personal values of players. Sedin is still great (though I see him around 80 points a year now) and RNH is still young but I think he can be a cornerstore of a fantasy team for a very long time and I tend to think long-term and try to get my team younger as I go. Nyquist I probably wouldn't have included in the deal (though I included him above), but Johansen I would have pushed because he has to be brought up to my main team next year if I want to keep him (last year as a prospect in our league) and I don't know if I'll have room for him.

I was an expansion team last year in a now 12 team league and won! I like my team a lot so I tend to devalue picks and sometimes prospects because I read enough Dobber guides to be able find gems in later rounds and I like improving the core of my team going forward.

Btw, moxon, I'm assuming the Visnovsky situation was quite a piss-off for you? Was there anybody you didn't keep as a result of keeping Visnovsky that you regret now? Just curious
    Last edited by cobot; February 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM.

Dobber Sports Newbie

andrewklassen, that's exactly what my thought process was. I don't mind losing on a deal for a bit if the player I traded is slowly trending down and is retired after x amount of years and the player I acquired is producing at a great rate for 10 years longer

My team is strong in this league so there is a strong case for keeping Sedin and trying to finish as high as possible the next few years instead of thinking about the future
    Last edited by cobot; February 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by cobot View Post
    Btw, moxon, I'm assuming the Visnovsky situation was quite a piss-off for you? Was there anybody you didn't keep as a result of keeping Visnovsky that you regret now? Just curious
    He was a deception last year and a frustration this year but there was no real other options for me and I think he still has 2-3 good years in him... He is supposed to report to NYI very soon and maybe even play this week, let's see how it goes from there! If he gets hot I might try to sell high...
    15 Teams Keeper League
    25 Players Roster (12F, 6D, 2G, 5B )
    Keep 9 (5F, 2D, 1G + 1 skater) + 2 Rookies (F&D=100 GP, G=70GP)
    F&D = Points Only, G = Win 2, SO 1

F: Crosby*, Tavares*, Ovechkin*, Atkinson*, R.Strome*, Dvorak(R), Domi, Hishier, Hornqvist, Kapanen, Vesey, Caggiula.
    D: Hedman*, Ju.Schultz*, Savard, Trouba, Morrow, Walman
    G: Talbot*, Saros.
    B: Kovalchuk, Yakupov, Steel.
    * = Keepers from last year.
    (R)= Rookies from last year.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cobot View Post
    My team is strong in this league so there is a strong case for keeping Sedin and trying to finish as high as possible the next few years instead of thinking about the future
    This needs to be part of the evaluation process in fantasy hockey that not everyone does. We have one guy in our pool who admittedly needed to rebuild his roster [trading Crosby to me will do that to you], but has been there so long that he can't help valuing prospects [even high end ones] over more proven stud talent. There is a time to rebuild and a time to contend. If you're contending Sedin is who I want on the roster.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask