Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Victor Fasth (incl Signing to Extension 2/20/13)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Fasth was tremendous all game long and stole yet another in the shootout. He has CLEARLY improved his 5 hole.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Icon

wow could this(Tim Thomas) really be happening......again

Interestingly he will be a UFA after the season....what teams are possibilities if Ducks dont resign/?

Columbus?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    wow could this(Tim Thomas) really be happening......again

Interestingly he will be a UFA after the season....what teams are possibilities if Ducks dont resign/?

Columbus?
    Really good questions there and I can think of a few... CBJ, Calgary, Detroit, NJ, NYI, Toronto and probably a couple more.

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Fasth looks phenomenal! This isn't just a fluke. The guy belongs in this league.

If Hiller throws up another stinker his next game it's going to be a long road back.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not so sure Hiller regains playing time all that easily in this situation. Boudreau has less than 1 full season as Anaheim's coach, and his record with Fasth in net is SIGNIFICANTLY better than his record with Hiller on the ice. Obviously, I know there's no comparison in sample size between 8+ games and 256 games, but I don't think Boudreau will be all that eager to put Hiller back in net. It's not like Hiller has been BB's trusted starter for multiple seasons.

I think it will take multiple stinkers in a row by Fasth and, subsequently, a string of quality starts from Hiller to get this into a platoon situation. Remember, Boudreau is just trying to earn some job stability on his own, so as long as Fasth keeps this up there's no way he'll turn to Hiller.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Good Chance Hiller starts tomorrow if healthy

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3687036.story

Bruce Boudreau wants Ducks to keep driving hard
    With a few days off after Monday's home game against Columbus, the coach is looking for another all-out effort by the team.

By Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times
    February 18, 2013
    Bruce Boudreau knows a letdown game when he sees one, so even though the Ducks coach is enthused about his team's recent road brilliance, he's going to take a hard line in Monday's home date against last-place Columbus.

"Let's not take the brakes off now," Boudreau said Sunday of his message to the team that after Monday won't play again until Feb. 24 at home. "There's no way we have a right to take any team lightly. ... My job is to not let us look forward to those days off, the time with family."

The Ducks might also be tempted to rest on the success in their rearview mirror too.

By defeating Nashville, 3-2, by shootout Saturday, the Ducks (11-2-1) capped a franchise-record 5-1 trip that included victories against St. Louis, unbeaten-in-regulation Chicago and always difficult Detroit.

They won three of the games by shootout and trailed in four of the five triumphs, improving to 8-1 in February while rookie goaltender Viktor Fasth remains unbeaten in eight starts.

"I think if I learned anything it's that they're resilient," Boudreau said. "They continue to believe if we're trailing. They don't get down if we're down a goal. They've persevered, pushed through being tired, and against some very good teams.

"I was pleasantly surprised to see that. If we get down in the future, I know they'll take the approach of working through it."

Boudreau said he'll consider reinserting Jonas Hiller as goaltender following Monday morning's skate at Honda Center after Fasth played Friday and Saturday, making 32 saves in a strong effort at Nashville.

Hiller was the starting goaltender when the season began, but Fasth's emergence and Hiller's lower-body injury have kept him sidelined.

"It would be a good place to get him in," Boudreau said.

Also, Boudreau's move to place Matt Beleskey into the first line with captain Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry has paid off with Beleskey scoring a goal in each of the last two games.

Is it a permanent move?

"I've moved all these lines," Boudreau said of previously slotting Kyle Palmieri, Daniel Winnik and Andrew Cogliano in that line. "You just do what you think will work at that time. It makes sense," to keep Beleskey there, "but I can't be counted on to always do sensible things."

The coach also came off as omniscient in placing recent call-up Patrick Maroon in a fourth line that helped the team navigate through Saturday's fatigue. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Maroon scored a goal.

"If any of those younger guys are playing in the second line with," Bobby "Ryan or," "[Teemu] Selanne, the mindset could be, 'Don't screw this up, get those guys the puck.' But when they're playing together with their peers they came up together with, it's more compatible.

"Maroon's a good, big-bodied guy who's good at protecting the puck down low in the opponent's zone, and he's not afraid to go to the net."

TONIGHT

VS. COLUMBUS

When: 7.

Where: Honda Center.

On the air: TV: Prime Ticket; Radio: 830.

Record vs. Blue Jackets (2011-12): 2-1-1.

Update: Columbus is last in the Central Division, ranking 28th in goals per game (2.2) and 25th in power-play percentage (13.6%) after the Ducks on Saturday killed off all five of Nashville's five power-play opportunities.

[email protected]

Dobber Sports Icon

Well now that its confirmed I expect a full report about the the Ducks goalie situation by DougJ tomorrow....

My apologies to Doug Johnson for my Ben Scrivens advice. Hes actually atarting to gain my confidence now.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hiller was alright, not sure how much you can judge, as Columbus has such a weak offense. He clearly had problems with rebound control, but that's to be expected after such rust. The one thing I can say is he didn't stun anybody, or win the starter's job back but he didn't really hurt himself either.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    Hiller was alright, not sure how much you can judge, as Columbus has such a weak offense. He clearly had problems with rebound control, but that's to be expected after such rust. The one thing I can say is he didn't stun anybody, or win the starter's job back but he didn't really hurt himself either.
    The Ducks play back-to-back Sun and Mon so we'll see both Hiller and Fasth then. Maybe whoever plays better gets the next start.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quite the lukewarm analysis of Hiller's performance there buddy, considering he was named the first star of the game!

The pundits are a tad more complementary.

Here's the Anaheim Calling blog (http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2013/2...p/in/3766209): "1st MVD: Jonas Hiller. We like to go back and forth into the comments about how the Ducks' secondary scoring is largely connected to their success, but goaltending has also been a major factor. Hiller was sharp from the moment the puck dropped, and made the case for why he's our real number one goalie tonight."

Here's the OC Register Ducks blog (http://www.ocregister.com/sports/duc...holland.html): "Jonas Hiller turned in a sharp 25-save performance in his first start since returning from injury and the Ducks held on for a 3-2 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday night at Honda Center... Hiller made several key saves, most notably on Blue Jackets forward Derick Brassard. It was his first time in goal since suffering a lower-body injury on Feb. 8 in Dallas."

Here's TSN (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416333): "The Anaheim Ducks looked lethargic in the opening 10 minutes against the NHL's worst team, when they were outshot 10-2. But Jonas Hiller made some solid saves after giving up the game's first goal, and the Ducks eventually found their scoring punch in beating the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 for their fifth straight victory on Monday night."

Seems like as much as Hiller hasn't been his typical solid self, the team also has played badly in front of him, and this time was no different at the outset of the game, but Hiller held them in there. He had some help though, Beauchemin made a sliding save behind him in the crease at one point.

Basically this is looking like a Elliott/Halak thing from a year ago, I'm sure Boudreau would be elated to be able to go to either guy any given night. As a Hiller owner, that would be annoying given that he started the most games in the NHL last year, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if the peripherals are solid and the team keeps winning.
    Last edited by ross10019; February 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Superstar

Watched the game as both a Hiller and Fasth owner and this is exactly what I thought. I was very surprised he was first star. Granted he only gave up 2 goals on 25 shots but he had several fortunate bounces and plays that could have resulted in goals. Beauchemin making a save behind him, another one went through his legs then through the crease. The Blue Jackets had several chances that would be buried by better teams. Of the 3 reports ross posted I agreed with the tsn one the most. I'd call Hiller "solid" last night but not much more.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Pro

Watched the game last night, Columbus could have easily won that game aside from a 1 minute lapse caused by turnovers. Hiller was solid. Fasth has played well, no question, but they havent had a lot of tough games IMO. If Anaheim keeps playing like that, they will come back down to earth. Beleskey on the top line is a real head scratcher. Looks awful.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default [Signing] Fasth got 2 year extension

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

2-year, $5.8M extension for Viktor Fasth. #whereshiller... RT @DennisTFP That was Fasth. #Ducks G Viktor gets two year extension.

The Magnificent One

wow big money for a backup. im seeing hiller trade since they need to resign too many guys this year. wow change of events
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Expert

Chris Nichols‏@Nichols_NHLPool

Very happy for 30-year old Viktor Fasth. #NHLDucks secure him to two-year extension ($2.4M, $3.4M). 8-0-0, 1.78 GAA, .933 SV%. Good value.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,