Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Victor Fasth (incl Signing to Extension 2/20/13)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I hope Fasth becomes a full time #1 goalie just because the fantasy team name options would be so glorious.

The Fasth and the Furious (Movie Title)
    Not so Fasth (Saying)
    Fasth Times at Ridgemont High (Movie Title)
    Slim Fasth Weight Loss (Product)
    Hold Fasth to Dreams (Album Title: Dave Brubeck)
    Too Fasth for Love (Album Title: Motley Crue)
    Get outta the Fasth Lane (Saying)
    You sir, Win. Those are awesome!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Veteran

Give Fasth some credit here too. Down 3-1 after a single period but now up 4-3 after the second. Anaheim was largely sleep walking in the first period. It'd be huge for him to get another win here.

Second point, he's due up to have a few weaker games now. The other teams will figure out the book on him, e.g. his weak areas, and it will be VERY important to see how he reacts. The next 2-3 weeks will likely make or break him for the next season or two going forward.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Pro

He didnt look very good in that STL game. Will be interesting to watch near term. He has a big five hole.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    He didnt look very good in that STL game. Will be interesting to watch near term. He has a big five hole.
    Yep, his stick is off the ice too much. As others have mentioned, as teams learn his weaknesses, it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts. It's WAY too early to pass a verdict on him. If Hiller misses more games, the next 2-3 weeks will tell us much about his long-term future.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Expert

I watched most of that game...he wasn't very good.

Panger commented throughout the game, and especially in the SO, how Fasth leaves his stick off the ice when in the butterfly, especially on 1 on 1 situations down low, and on breakaways and dekes.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    I watched most of that game...he wasn't very good.

Panger commented throughout the game, and especially in the SO, how Fasth leaves his stick off the ice when in the butterfly, especially on 1 on 1 situations down low, and on breakaways and dekes.
    As long as it gets identified now, that should be a very fixable issue.

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, he beat the Hawks in a shootout and his 5-hole appeared a lot less leaky. He improved his rebound control, a clear weakness, after his first two starts and seems to be a quick learner, having worked on this as well.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    well, he beat the hawks in a shootout and his 5-hole appeared a lot less leaky. He improved his rebound control, a clear weakness, after his first two starts and seems to be a quick learner, having worked on this as well.

yesssssssssssssss

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another pretty solid performance, holding the Wings to 2 goals. Say what you will about Detroit not being great this season but their offense has generally been fine. If he keeps this up for a few more games, I have no idea how Hiller will be able to get his job back.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yep, as a Hiller owner I am not looking forward to the next few months. Worse, I had Fasth as the handcuff but dropped him to be an idiot and snag someone else's handcuff (Emery). Karma....
    C: Crosby, McDavid Faksa
    LW: Skinner, Pearson, Couture
    RW: Wheeler, Gallagher, Riley Nash,
    D: Pietrangelo, Subban, Lindel, Chabot
    Goal: Quick, Allen

Farm Team:
    Kapanen, Aberg, Bertuzzi, Yamamoto, Barbashev, Liljegren, Samsonov

Scoring Cats:
    Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    If he keeps this up for a few more games, I have no idea how Hiller will be able to get his job back.

Simple, he'll throw up a stinker at some point, Hiller will get back in, will play well, and that'll be it (at least for any talk of Fasth being clear cut starter). Even then Hiller won't get in 90% of the remaining games the way he did last year, although that was true even before the season started, probably was going to be somewhat of a platoon with Hiller 1A from the outset.
    Last edited by ross10019; February 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Simple, he'll throw up a stinker at some point, Hiller will get back in, will play well, and that'll be it (at least for any talk of Fasth being clear cut starter). Even then Hiller won't get in 90% of the remaining games the way he did last year, although that was true even before the season started, probably was going to be somewhat of a platoon with Hiller 1A from the outset.
    Exactly. Hiller is an excellent goalie. Just because he stunk to start the season and then got injured is nowhere near enough to conclude that Fasth has overtaken him. At the very least, they'll be splitting starts once Hiller returns.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Expert

In my league...I own both, but it's a moot point over who to start. My league changes lineups on Saturday nights. Games run from Sun thru following Sat. Anh plays only 1 game.

A bit off topic now, but I feel a mini rant coming. I also own Schneider....4 starts, but I'm betting they start Lou on Sunday Vs St Louis. I also own Halak....healthy enough to play Sun?

My goaltending is absolutely killing me.

Dobber Sports Expert

Eric Stephens‏@icemancometh

Jonas Hiller (lower body) will be on bench so it looks like he's ready to play. My guess is he's being built up for CBJ at home on Monday.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Exactly. Hiller is an excellent goalie. Just because he stunk to start the season and then got injured is nowhere near enough to conclude that Fasth has overtaken him. At the very least, they'll be splitting starts once Hiller returns.
    I agree. A platoon and then BB will run with the hot hand. However, I prefer Fasth long term, vs Hiller and most other G for a few reasons. 1)Demeanor is huge for goalies and he is very hard to rattle 2)He's constantly trying to fix his flaws, as evidenced by his improvement in RC after his first two games and his 5-hole improvement recently 3)Insane lateral movement, perhaps among the fastest I've ever seen. I think we're talking above average starter ceiling here, possibly even top 10.
    Last edited by dongjohnson; February 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM.