Thread: Marleau+ for Huberdeau+

The Great One

Default Marleau+ for Huberdeau+

This is a tricky one guys. Im a top contending team here ( I know its early though :P)- and Ive recieved an offer for Marleau. I know hes on fire but as a past owner Im somewaht suspicious of his crazy year so far- lol!

Anyways offer is:
    Marlea/Desharnais/6th for my Huberdeau/Briere/2nd.

We are a 12 team- keep 14 league which should give an indication of value for the picks. It is a standard 6 X 4 HTH yahoo setup. Start 2 C, 2 W, 1 RW, 1 LW, 2 UTIL, 4 D, 2 G. I know this is a wierd positional setup- lol! I believe we are working towards 2 RW, 2 LW for next year.

Rest of my team:
    C- Stamkos, Ribeiro, Huberdeau
    RW- St. Louis, Briere, Clarkson, Oshie
    LW- Richards (M), Perron, Filpulla, Steen, Ladd
    D- Chara, Boyle, Garrison, Pitkanen, Gonxhar
    G- Rinne, Bryz, Hedberg, Scrivens

Marleau has been a beast and is likely the best player here- but Im super high on Hubs and it sounds like Briere is having success on a line with Roo again.

Thoughts???

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    This is a tricky one guys. Im a top contending team here ( I know its early though :P)- and Ive recieved an offer for Marleau. I know hes on fire but as a past owner Im somewaht suspicious of his crazy year so far- lol!

Anyways offer is:
    Marlea/Desharnais/6th for my Huberdeau/Briere/2nd.

We are a 12 team- keep 14 league which should give an indication of value for the picks. It is a standard 6 X 4 HTH yahoo setup. Start 2 C, 2 W, 1 RW, 1 LW, 2 UTIL, 4 D, 2 G. I know this is a wierd positional setup- lol! I believe we are working towards 2 RW, 2 LW for next year.

Rest of my team:
    C- Stamkos, Ribeiro, Huberdeau
    RW- St. Louis, Briere, Clarkson, Oshie
    LW- Richards (M), Perron, Filpulla, Steen, Ladd
    D- Chara, Boyle, Garrison, Pitkanen, Gonxhar
    G- Rinne, Bryz, Hedberg, Scrivens

Marleau has been a beast and is likely the best player here- but Im super high on Hubs and it sounds like Briere is having success on a line with Roo again.

Thoughts???
    A) You say you're contending. So that means you're likely top 3 currently.
    B) Compared to the rest of your team, you're extremely thin at LW
    C) Marleau, if you reveiw his stats for the past 3 to 5 years...he's been good...very good. Not sexy all the time...but he's a consistent GWG stat provider (I don't see your stats) and always a big time goal producer.
    D) The sharks are a super human squad to start this season.

If you ask me, the stars are aligning for you. You get a premiere LW/C eligible player to fill the hole Hubs vacates, but primarily, becomes your #1 LW as well...Perron is probably #2...but always an injury concern.

Personally, I think this is factastic return value for one of the young potential studs in the league...(you're cashing in solely on potential...!)

I say go for it!