Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: A new stat for fantasy hockey??

  1. #1
    NikW71's Avatar
    NikW71 is online now
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    Location
    Stratford, ON
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default A new stat for fantasy hockey??

    I know a lot of leagues are trying to steer themselves away from PIMs as part of their league scoring cats and going more with Hits. Not sure if Fantrax or other fantasy hockey sites are already tracking this stat but I have noticed that Yahoo has been tracking Penalties drawn in their box scores. By trying to add realism to your league I believe this stat would be an effective stat category to replace PIM. Not sure if Yahoo plans to introduce this any time soon but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard since they are tracking it at a game by game basis.

    However I'm not sure if penalties drawn are tracked perfectly or not on Yahoo but would like to hear what others think of this. If another site already tracks this I would be interested to hear how accurately it is tracked as well as I would like to add it as a category in one of my leagues.

    16 TM H2H DYNASTY G A +- PIM PPG PPA SHP FW SOG
    Hits Blks GS W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3C, 3RW, 3LW,2F,6D,1Util,2G,5BN,5IR
    25 Player Farm

    Penguins
    C- Malkin, Crosby,J Thornton, Turris, Johansen, Cullen
    LW- Hall, Nash, D Brown, Cooke,
    RW- Gaborik, Wheeler, Clutterback, Tarasenko, Dorsett
    D-Letang, Goligoski, Salo, Girardi, Faulk, Zanon
    G- MAF, Rinne, Gustavsson

    Farm - Grimaldi, Faska, JT Brown, Clifford, Rinaldo, Morin, Beach, Tangradi, Pulkinnen, Spooner, Miele, C Conacher, Welsh, Komorov, Rattie, Orlov, Dehann, Klefbom, Clendening, Thrower, Irving, Kuemper, Rynnas, Hovinen

  2. #2
    Loch's Avatar
    Loch is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,507
    Rep Power
    60

    Dobber Sports All-Star

    Default

    My brain says this would be a good stat but my heart fears that i would one day end up cheering for my players to dive in an especially close head to head match-up.

    Another factor is that this would increase the already high value of your puck-possession scoring forwards... it might change the dynamic of your league quite a bit... it's up to you whether that is a good or bad thing.

  3. #3
    One87's Avatar
    One87 is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,696
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Rep Power
    65

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    I know a lot of leagues are trying to steer themselves away from PIMs as part of their league scoring cats and going more with Hits. Not sure if Fantrax or other fantasy hockey sites are already tracking this stat but I have noticed that Yahoo has been tracking Penalties drawn in their box scores. By trying to add realism to your league I believe this stat would be an effective stat category to replace PIM. Not sure if Yahoo plans to introduce this any time soon but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard since they are tracking it at a game by game basis.

    However I'm not sure if penalties drawn are tracked perfectly or not on Yahoo but would like to hear what others think of this. If another site already tracks this I would be interested to hear how accurately it is tracked as well as I would like to add it as a category in one of my leagues.

    If PIMs can count, I don't see why penalties drawn can't be a viable cat.
    League:Fantrax 20 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:H+B,FOW, A, G, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, S, SPct, W, GAA

    C: Giroux,Kesler,Seguin,Thornton
    W:
    Alfredsson,Iginla,P.Kane,MacArthur
    Marleau,Nash,Nyquist,Selanne

    D: Beaulieu,Boyle,D.Hamilton,Jones,MacDonald,D.Morris
    G: J.Bernier
    Bench: Jenner,Gordon,Penner, Salo - Kuemper,J.Howard

  4. #4
    gfhyde's Avatar
    gfhyde is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,885
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default

    I personally don't like it. Take a dive, draw a penalty, get rewarded. Ownership on Ribeiro and Burrows skyrockets :P

    I don't like PIMs as a cat either though.
    14 team H2H points Keep 20
    C-Perez 1B-Fielder 2B-Cano 3B-Longo SS-Tulo OF-Choo JUpton Stanton Util-Blackmon
    BN-Sandoval Rollins, Butler
    SP
    -Wainwright Hamels Shields Zimmerman RP-Balfour Wood
    BN-Harvey(IR) A. Sanchez Gallardo Burnett Brothers
    M-Lindor Seager Hedges

    14 team H2H points Keep 20.
    C-McCann 1B-Fielder 2B-Gyorko 3B-Wright SS-Andrus OF-Harper Myers Bautista Util-Ortiz
    BN-Jennings Headley Miller
    SP-Wainwright Shields Greinke Liriano RP-Kimbrel Reed
    BN-Gray Walker Wilson
    M-Bradley Appel Bryant Lindor

    16 team H2H cats Rebuild
    G, A, Pts, +-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK
    , W, L, GAA, SV%
    K: Kessel, Okposo, Voracek, Nichushkin, Letang, Bishop, Fleury

  5. #5
    mister_mcgoo's Avatar
    mister_mcgoo is online now
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    70

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Fantrax allows you to tweak the scoring for penalties somewhat which allows you to improve on standard PIMs. So for example you can score the generic PIM or you can choose one or more of the following:

    -minor penalties
    -major penalties
    -instigator penalties
    -match penalties
    -misconducts

    so as you can see you could do something like score 5 min majors as a positive and make minor penalties count as a negative...not perfect because you're assuming all majors are for fighting but its an option

    they also added Gordie Howe Hatricks to the list of available stats this year, kind of a cool option
    Thats me on the street with a violin under my chin, playing with a grin, singing gibberish.



  6. #6
    NikW71's Avatar
    NikW71 is online now
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    Location
    Stratford, ON
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    My brain says this would be a good stat but my heart fears that i would one day end up cheering for my players to dive in an especially close head to head match-up.

    Another factor is that this would increase the already high value of your puck-possession scoring forwards... it might change the dynamic of your league quite a bit... it's up to you whether that is a good or bad thing.
    Agree with you on that ... Would not like to cheer for a dive to win my match-up lol! Good point on the puck possession forwards although I initially thought it would help the pests (Ott, Komorov, Burrows, etc) more than anybody else. Thanks for all the feedback so far ...

    16 TM H2H DYNASTY G A +- PIM PPG PPA SHP FW SOG
    Hits Blks GS W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3C, 3RW, 3LW,2F,6D,1Util,2G,5BN,5IR
    25 Player Farm

    Penguins
    C- Malkin, Crosby,J Thornton, Turris, Johansen, Cullen
    LW- Hall, Nash, D Brown, Cooke,
    RW- Gaborik, Wheeler, Clutterback, Tarasenko, Dorsett
    D-Letang, Goligoski, Salo, Girardi, Faulk, Zanon
    G- MAF, Rinne, Gustavsson

    Farm - Grimaldi, Faska, JT Brown, Clifford, Rinaldo, Morin, Beach, Tangradi, Pulkinnen, Spooner, Miele, C Conacher, Welsh, Komorov, Rattie, Orlov, Dehann, Klefbom, Clendening, Thrower, Irving, Kuemper, Rynnas, Hovinen

  7. #7
    NikW71's Avatar
    NikW71 is online now
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    Location
    Stratford, ON
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Fantrax allows you to tweak the scoring for penalties somewhat which allows you to improve on standard PIMs. So for example you can score the generic PIM or you can choose one or more of the following:

    -minor penalties
    -major penalties
    -instigator penalties
    -match penalties
    -misconducts

    so as you can see you could do something like score 5 min majors as a positive and make minor penalties count as a negative...not perfect because you're assuming all majors are for fighting but its an option

    they also added Gordie Howe Hatricks to the list of available stats this year, kind of a cool option
    Does Fantrax have the ability to track stick penalties vs roughing/fights. I just don't see the value in rewarding a tripping call but I guess the same can be said for a stupid roughing call as well.

    16 TM H2H DYNASTY G A +- PIM PPG PPA SHP FW SOG
    Hits Blks GS W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3C, 3RW, 3LW,2F,6D,1Util,2G,5BN,5IR
    25 Player Farm

    Penguins
    C- Malkin, Crosby,J Thornton, Turris, Johansen, Cullen
    LW- Hall, Nash, D Brown, Cooke,
    RW- Gaborik, Wheeler, Clutterback, Tarasenko, Dorsett
    D-Letang, Goligoski, Salo, Girardi, Faulk, Zanon
    G- MAF, Rinne, Gustavsson

    Farm - Grimaldi, Faska, JT Brown, Clifford, Rinaldo, Morin, Beach, Tangradi, Pulkinnen, Spooner, Miele, C Conacher, Welsh, Komorov, Rattie, Orlov, Dehann, Klefbom, Clendening, Thrower, Irving, Kuemper, Rynnas, Hovinen

  8. #8
    mister_mcgoo's Avatar
    mister_mcgoo is online now
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    70

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Does Fantrax have the ability to track stick penalties vs roughing/fights. I just don't see the value in rewarding a tripping call but I guess the same can be said for a stupid roughing call as well.
    not exactly, but you can use 'fights' as a scoring category so that would eliminate 5 min boarding calls and the like. Gimme a sec and when I get back to my desk I'll paste the full list of available cats in for ya
    Thats me on the street with a violin under my chin, playing with a grin, singing gibberish.



  9. #9
    LawMan's Avatar
    LawMan is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    981
    Rep Power
    15

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default

    I think it would be an interesting stat to track and would give in a whirl in my league. Note, I say the same thing about Average Time On Ice but have never used either so can't say for sure I would like either stat.

    Regarding the issue of divers, while I see the concern I don't think it would be a big issue in the grand scheme of things. For every diving drawn penalty I'd expect multiple legitimate drawn penalties. Second, every stat has its flaws:
    2nd assists are often far weaker than primary assists but get awarded the same
    misconduct penalties (often at the end of lopsided games to kick a player out) are usually meaningless but score 10 PIMs (double a fight!) I've had so many weeks decided by misconducts before both ways.
    Countless other examples, the point is there is not stat that rewards 100% consistently "good" plays.

    Off the top of my head I'd say it would increase value to puck possession forwards, fast forwards, and fighters (assuming its 5 (or 7 or 17) PIMs drawn). I also think it would be interesting to see at the end of the year who are the top players for penalties drawn.

    To answer the actual question I'm not aware of any site provider that has it as a scoring option. espn boxscores usually say "2 minutes for hooking x player" but I'm not sure if the stat is officially kept anywhere. Given what I've read about faxtrax I would suspect it would be the first site to add the stat it it were to become available.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA
    C: Malkin, Backstrom, Stepan, Ribeiro, Legwand
    LW: Vanek, Moulson, Carter, Rinaldo
    RW: Kessel, Vrbata, Seguin, Cammalleri, Zuccarello
    D: Green, Gudas, Zidlicky
    G: Lehtonen, Halak, Lack

  10. #10
    mister_mcgoo's Avatar
    mister_mcgoo is online now
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    70

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    here ya go, these are all categories alphabetically (skaters and goalies mixed):

    1Star: 1st Star
    2Star: 2nd Star
    3Star: 3rd Star
    AS: Saves - (5 * Goals Against)
    A: Assists
    BG: Power Play Goals + Short Handed Goals + Game Winning Goals
    Blk: Blocks
    Blk/G: Blocks Per Game
    ESP: Even Strength Points
    FO%: Faceoff Percentage
    FOL: Faceoffs Lost
    FOW: Faceoffs Won
    Ft: Fights
    GMiP: Game Misconduct Penalties
    GWG: Game Winning Goals
    GWG+ShG: Game Winning Goals + Shootout Goals
    GP: Games Played
    GS: Number of times a Goalie has started the game.
    Gv: Giveaways
    Gv/G: Giveaways Per Game
    GPt: (2 x Wins) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    GPt2: (3 x Wins) + (2 x Shutouts) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    GPt3: (Wins x 2) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses + Shutouts
    GPt4: (2 * Wins) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses + (2 x Shutouts)
    GPt5: (2 * Wins) + Shutouts - Losses
    G: Goals
    GA: Goals Against
    GAA: Goals Against * 60 / Minutes Played
    GHHT: At least 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 fight in a given game.
    HT: Three or more goals in a game
    Hit: Hits
    H+B: Hits + Blocks
    Ht/G: Hits Per Game
    InP: Instigator Penalties
    L: Includes only regulation losses in the NHL regular season, but also overtime losses in the NHL playoffs.
    MjP: 5-minute Major penalties
    MtP: Game-ejection Match penalties
    MnP: 2-minute Minor penalties
    MiP: 10-minute Misconduct penalties
    OG: Overtime Goals
    OL: A loss in overtime. Does not include Shootout Losses.
    OL+ShL: Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    OW: A win in overtime. Does not include Shootout Wins.
    PIM: Penalty Minutes
    PSG: Penalty Shot Goals
    +/-: Plus/Minus
    Pt: Goals + Assists
    2G+A: (2 * Goals) + Assists
    P/G: Points Per Game
    PPA: Power Play Assists
    PPG: Power Play Goals
    PGI: Power Play Goals scored by the team while the player was on the ice.
    PPP: Power Play Points
    SV%: Save Percentage
    SV: Saves
    Shft: Shifts
    Shot%: Shooting %
    ShMi: Shootout Attempts Missed
    SGWG: Shootout Game Winning Goals
    ShG%: Shootout Goal %
    ShG: Shootout Goals
    ShGA: Shootout Goals Against
    ShL: Shootout Losses
    ShSv%: Shootout Save %
    ShSv: Shootout Saves
    ShW: Shootout Wins
    SHA: Short Handed Assists
    SHG: Short Handed Goals
    SGI: Short Handed Goals scored by the team while the player was on the ice.
    SHP: Short Handed Points
    SOG: Shots on Goal
    SA: Shots on Goal Against
    SHO: Shutouts
    SHO: A skater is credited for his team's shutout if he dressed for that game, regardless of whether or not he had any ice-time.
    SHO+HT: Shutouts by Goalies and Hat Tricks
    STA: Power Play Assists + Short Handed Assists
    STG: Power Play Goals + Short Handed Goals
    STG2: Power Play Goals + (2 * Short Handed Goals)
    STP: Power Play Points + Short Handed Points
    STPGWG: Power Play Points + Short Handed Points + Game Winning Goals
    TK/GV: Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio
    Tk: Takeaways
    Tk/G: Takeaways Per Game
    Min: Time On Ice for Goalies
    TOI: Time On Ice for Skaters
    TOI-ES: Time On Ice - Even Strength
    TOI-PP: Time On Ice - Power Play
    TOI-SH: Time On Ice - Short Handed
    TOI/G: Time On Ice Per Game
    TOI-ES: Time On Ice Per Game - Even Strength
    TOI-PP: Time On Ice Per Game - Power Play
    TOI-SH: Time On Ice Per Game - Short Handed
    W: Wins
    Thats me on the street with a violin under my chin, playing with a grin, singing gibberish.



  11. #11
    NikW71's Avatar
    NikW71 is online now
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    Location
    Stratford, ON
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    here ya go, these are all categories alphabetically (skaters and goalies mixed):

    1Star: 1st Star
    2Star: 2nd Star
    3Star: 3rd Star
    AS: Saves - (5 * Goals Against)
    A: Assists
    BG: Power Play Goals + Short Handed Goals + Game Winning Goals
    Blk: Blocks
    Blk/G: Blocks Per Game
    ESP: Even Strength Points
    FO%: Faceoff Percentage
    FOL: Faceoffs Lost
    FOW: Faceoffs Won
    Ft: Fights
    GMiP: Game Misconduct Penalties
    GWG: Game Winning Goals
    GWG+ShG: Game Winning Goals + Shootout Goals
    GP: Games Played
    GS: Number of times a Goalie has started the game.
    Gv: Giveaways
    Gv/G: Giveaways Per Game
    GPt: (2 x Wins) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    GPt2: (3 x Wins) + (2 x Shutouts) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    GPt3: (Wins x 2) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses + Shutouts
    GPt4: (2 * Wins) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses + (2 x Shutouts)
    GPt5: (2 * Wins) + Shutouts - Losses
    G: Goals
    GA: Goals Against
    GAA: Goals Against * 60 / Minutes Played
    GHHT: At least 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 fight in a given game.
    HT: Three or more goals in a game
    Hit: Hits
    H+B: Hits + Blocks
    Ht/G: Hits Per Game
    InP: Instigator Penalties
    L: Includes only regulation losses in the NHL regular season, but also overtime losses in the NHL playoffs.
    MjP: 5-minute Major penalties
    MtP: Game-ejection Match penalties
    MnP: 2-minute Minor penalties
    MiP: 10-minute Misconduct penalties
    OG: Overtime Goals
    OL: A loss in overtime. Does not include Shootout Losses.
    OL+ShL: Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    OW: A win in overtime. Does not include Shootout Wins.
    PIM: Penalty Minutes
    PSG: Penalty Shot Goals
    +/-: Plus/Minus
    Pt: Goals + Assists
    2G+A: (2 * Goals) + Assists
    P/G: Points Per Game
    PPA: Power Play Assists
    PPG: Power Play Goals
    PGI: Power Play Goals scored by the team while the player was on the ice.
    PPP: Power Play Points
    SV%: Save Percentage
    SV: Saves
    Shft: Shifts
    Shot%: Shooting %
    ShMi: Shootout Attempts Missed
    SGWG: Shootout Game Winning Goals
    ShG%: Shootout Goal %
    ShG: Shootout Goals
    ShGA: Shootout Goals Against
    ShL: Shootout Losses
    ShSv%: Shootout Save %
    ShSv: Shootout Saves
    ShW: Shootout Wins
    SHA: Short Handed Assists
    SHG: Short Handed Goals
    SGI: Short Handed Goals scored by the team while the player was on the ice.
    SHP: Short Handed Points
    SOG: Shots on Goal
    SA: Shots on Goal Against
    SHO: Shutouts
    SHO: A skater is credited for his team's shutout if he dressed for that game, regardless of whether or not he had any ice-time.
    SHO+HT: Shutouts by Goalies and Hat Tricks
    STA: Power Play Assists + Short Handed Assists
    STG: Power Play Goals + Short Handed Goals
    STG2: Power Play Goals + (2 * Short Handed Goals)
    STP: Power Play Points + Short Handed Points
    STPGWG: Power Play Points + Short Handed Points + Game Winning Goals
    TK/GV: Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio
    Tk: Takeaways
    Tk/G: Takeaways Per Game
    Min: Time On Ice for Goalies
    TOI: Time On Ice for Skaters
    TOI-ES: Time On Ice - Even Strength
    TOI-PP: Time On Ice - Power Play
    TOI-SH: Time On Ice - Short Handed
    TOI/G: Time On Ice Per Game
    TOI-ES: Time On Ice Per Game - Even Strength
    TOI-PP: Time On Ice Per Game - Power Play
    TOI-SH: Time On Ice Per Game - Short Handed
    W: Wins
    Thanks for posting ... Never realized how in depth they go with their categories!

    16 TM H2H DYNASTY G A +- PIM PPG PPA SHP FW SOG
    Hits Blks GS W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3C, 3RW, 3LW,2F,6D,1Util,2G,5BN,5IR
    25 Player Farm

    Penguins
    C- Malkin, Crosby,J Thornton, Turris, Johansen, Cullen
    LW- Hall, Nash, D Brown, Cooke,
    RW- Gaborik, Wheeler, Clutterback, Tarasenko, Dorsett
    D-Letang, Goligoski, Salo, Girardi, Faulk, Zanon
    G- MAF, Rinne, Gustavsson

    Farm - Grimaldi, Faska, JT Brown, Clifford, Rinaldo, Morin, Beach, Tangradi, Pulkinnen, Spooner, Miele, C Conacher, Welsh, Komorov, Rattie, Orlov, Dehann, Klefbom, Clendening, Thrower, Irving, Kuemper, Rynnas, Hovinen

  12. #12
    DuklaNation's Avatar
    DuklaNation is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,267
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    Its a valuable stat for NHL teams, not so sure about fantasy. I still like PIM as a stat.

  13. #13
    One87's Avatar
    One87 is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,696
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Rep Power
    65

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    here ya go, these are all categories alphabetically (skaters and goalies mixed):

    1Star: 1st Star
    2Star: 2nd Star
    3Star: 3rd Star
    AS: Saves - (5 * Goals Against)
    A: Assists
    BG: Power Play Goals + Short Handed Goals + Game Winning Goals
    Blk: Blocks
    Blk/G: Blocks Per Game
    ESP: Even Strength Points
    FO%: Faceoff Percentage
    FOL: Faceoffs Lost
    FOW: Faceoffs Won
    Ft: Fights
    GMiP: Game Misconduct Penalties
    GWG: Game Winning Goals
    GWG+ShG: Game Winning Goals + Shootout Goals
    GP: Games Played
    GS: Number of times a Goalie has started the game.
    Gv: Giveaways
    Gv/G: Giveaways Per Game
    GPt: (2 x Wins) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    GPt2: (3 x Wins) + (2 x Shutouts) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    GPt3: (Wins x 2) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses + Shutouts
    GPt4: (2 * Wins) + Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses + (2 x Shutouts)
    GPt5: (2 * Wins) + Shutouts - Losses
    G: Goals
    GA: Goals Against
    GAA: Goals Against * 60 / Minutes Played
    GHHT: At least 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 fight in a given game.
    HT: Three or more goals in a game
    Hit: Hits
    H+B: Hits + Blocks
    Ht/G: Hits Per Game
    InP: Instigator Penalties
    L: Includes only regulation losses in the NHL regular season, but also overtime losses in the NHL playoffs.
    MjP: 5-minute Major penalties
    MtP: Game-ejection Match penalties
    MnP: 2-minute Minor penalties
    MiP: 10-minute Misconduct penalties
    OG: Overtime Goals
    OL: A loss in overtime. Does not include Shootout Losses.
    OL+ShL: Overtime Losses + Shootout Losses
    OW: A win in overtime. Does not include Shootout Wins.
    PIM: Penalty Minutes
    PSG: Penalty Shot Goals
    +/-: Plus/Minus
    Pt: Goals + Assists
    2G+A: (2 * Goals) + Assists
    P/G: Points Per Game
    PPA: Power Play Assists
    PPG: Power Play Goals
    PGI: Power Play Goals scored by the team while the player was on the ice.
    PPP: Power Play Points
    SV%: Save Percentage
    SV: Saves
    Shft: Shifts
    Shot%: Shooting %
    ShMi: Shootout Attempts Missed
    SGWG: Shootout Game Winning Goals
    ShG%: Shootout Goal %
    ShG: Shootout Goals
    ShGA: Shootout Goals Against
    ShL: Shootout Losses
    ShSv%: Shootout Save %
    ShSv: Shootout Saves
    ShW: Shootout Wins
    SHA: Short Handed Assists
    SHG: Short Handed Goals
    SGI: Short Handed Goals scored by the team while the player was on the ice.
    SHP: Short Handed Points
    SOG: Shots on Goal
    SA: Shots on Goal Against
    SHO: Shutouts
    SHO: A skater is credited for his team's shutout if he dressed for that game, regardless of whether or not he had any ice-time.
    SHO+HT: Shutouts by Goalies and Hat Tricks
    STA: Power Play Assists + Short Handed Assists
    STG: Power Play Goals + Short Handed Goals
    STG2: Power Play Goals + (2 * Short Handed Goals)
    STP: Power Play Points + Short Handed Points
    STPGWG: Power Play Points + Short Handed Points + Game Winning Goals
    TK/GV: Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio
    Tk: Takeaways
    Tk/G: Takeaways Per Game
    Min: Time On Ice for Goalies
    TOI: Time On Ice for Skaters
    TOI-ES: Time On Ice - Even Strength
    TOI-PP: Time On Ice - Power Play
    TOI-SH: Time On Ice - Short Handed
    TOI/G: Time On Ice Per Game
    TOI-ES: Time On Ice Per Game - Even Strength
    TOI-PP: Time On Ice Per Game - Power Play
    TOI-SH: Time On Ice Per Game - Short Handed
    W: Wins
    That's insane flexibility. LOVE it!!
    League:Fantrax 20 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:H+B,FOW, A, G, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, S, SPct, W, GAA

    C: Giroux,Kesler,Seguin,Thornton
    W:
    Alfredsson,Iginla,P.Kane,MacArthur
    Marleau,Nash,Nyquist,Selanne

    D: Beaulieu,Boyle,D.Hamilton,Jones,MacDonald,D.Morris
    G: J.Bernier
    Bench: Jenner,Gordon,Penner, Salo - Kuemper,J.Howard

  14. #14
    27Blue's Avatar
    27Blue is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,653
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default

    the only place that I have seen penalties drawn tracked is at behind the net...
    and they track it as penalties drawn per 60min

  15. #15
    ynotzz's Avatar
    ynotzz is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    948
    Rep Power
    6

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default

    I would like to see a PIM stat where you gain or lose points depending on the penalty killing. If the other team scores when your player is in the box he gets slapped with -5 or something, but if they successfully kill it off he gets +1.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

    Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

    C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

    IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •