Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studs & Duds - Sunday 2/3

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Derek still wrote an entertaining piece of work, despite the grammar. I can't wait for his next article on Sunday.
    Which is exactly the point I was trying to make, I guess I could HAVE written it as succinctly as you did.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Ninja

Good stuff Derek! Thanks for writing this!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Or is it just an oversight?

Ya know, Dakkster, honestly, your arrogance is second to none. We write these in a pinch, in an attempt to simultaneously include as much substance while trying to adhere to a deadline. Ya think this is the only thing we have going on in our lives? Think we have time to proof read everything? Think we're just lollygagging the day away as we attempt to provide some insight?

Truth is mistakes happen. I am no professional typist and sometimes in my haste my mind and fingers get tangled in their tango.

But honestly I don't care, and if you do then pm a brother a pointer or heads-up. But broadcasting others typos, mispellings, or grammatical errors in some pompus attempt to show the world all you know...is just childish.

So do me a favor and save your English 101 lessons for someone who gives a sh!t

Thanks
    Yeah, there are always excuses. As usual. And then there are nice, big patterns that tell a pretty telling story. And god forbid that you care about syntax and spelling in a medium that is 99% text-based. And let's not, for the love of everything holy, analyze anything. Language is what we build thoughts and concepts on. Broken language = broken thoughts. Someone who writes like a child comes across as a child. Just the way it is. Boo ****ing hoo, etc.

I'm sorry, but I'm all out of fuchs to give you about your hurt feelings. English 101 will continue, especially when it's the most basic stuff ever that is just plain embarrassing to get wrong again and again and again and again... should of... I mean, come on...

I know I'm arrogant and that's on purpose, but I don't even come close to mcgoo and a few others on the arrogance scale.

So yeah... go cry to someone else.
    GO WINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Yeah, there are always excuses. As usual. And then there are nice, big patterns that tell a pretty telling story. And god forbid that you care about syntax and spelling in a medium that is 99% text-based. And let's not, for the love of everything holy, analyze anything. Language is what we build thoughts and concepts on. Broken language = broken thoughts. Someone who writes like a child comes across as a child. Just the way it is. Boo ****ing hoo, etc.

I'm sorry, but I'm all out of fuchs to give you about your hurt feelings. English 101 will continue, especially when it's the most basic stuff ever that is just plain embarrassing to get wrong again and again and again and again... should of... I mean, come on...

I know I'm arrogant and that's on purpose, but I don't even come close to mcgoo and a few others on the arrogance scale.

So yeah... go cry to someone else.
    Not sure what part of "No one cares" you failed to grasp, but you just keep on stroking that ego of yours, like some fluffer for John Holmes.

Now you successfully derailed this Studs & Duds piece, fine. But you won't derail another. So again, I will state that if you insist on waxing professorial and grading our papers, do so in a pm.

...oh, and don't flatter yourself - you could not possibly hurt my feelings, despite what your histrionic tendencies may tell you.
    @SmittysRant