Thread: Why did I draft Jarome Iginla?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Why did I draft Jarome Iginla?

Seriously, between Kessel, Erikson, and Iginla, my team has been SEVERELY under performing.

I am OK with Kessel not having a goal as I have watched a few leafs games and he is all over the ice. He is hitting posts, missing nets, and getting bad bounces right now. There is no doubt that when he breaks that trend, he will get the goals in bunches and come out with a huge week for me.

As far as Erikson, things are in a little bit of disarray in Dallas. I am anticipating that they have to calm down and he needs to get back on track with Benn before they come together, but I am confident in waiting him out.

But IGINLA? I haven't been watching many Flames games, but from the stat lines, I am starting to panic.

Is it time to hit the panic button on Iginla? Should I start sitting him in every format until he proves otherwise? Or do I ride him out, because the second I bench him, he is going to explode for me?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    In too many leagues for too much money to put my teams in my signature anymore

Administrator

Iginla is a typical slow starter.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

iggy always is a guy whom everyone is dissapointed with, but by seasons end they're happy with him.
    dont panic yet.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

I can tell you WHY you drafted him: his name is Iginla. He's been downtrending for a few years now, and as mentioned before he's a notoriously slow starter (which isn't good in a short season). Still, might as well hold on to him and see what he does from here on because he can't get any worse

The Wolverine

I feel your pain - he's on four of my teams. But he's a solid multiple category contributor as well and I'm holding onto him as I'm confident he'll bounce back offensively which would complete the package.

Jenken - I agree he still has that name value so many people will draft him because of it. However, only two seasons ago he had 86 points, so although he is getting older, I wouldn't assume he's trending downwards just yet.

But it does come down our expectations. If you expect PPG, then it might turn out to be a disappointment. But if you drafted him expecting 70-75 pro-rated, then it's reasonable to expect that production even with a slow start.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

Jenken - I agree he still has that name value so many people will draft him because of it. However, only two seasons ago he had 86 points
    Crazy, i totally forgot that. Still, he's getting older and a bit of decline is to be expected. Good point though

Dobber Sports Ninja

Patience... this is par for the course for Iggy. He will go on a tear during the 2nd half of the season.

I drafted him late in my draft, and I haven't started him even once yet. No panic here.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I don't remember the last season where Iginla didn't start off slow.

Wait it out
    One-Year, 10 team Yahoo Points Only
    g: 2 a: 1 ppg: 0.5 +/-: 1 shg: 3 gwg: 3
    wins: 3 GA: -.25 SV: .05 SHO: 3.25

C: Tavares, Zett (LW)
    LW: D Sedin, Moulson
    RW: L Eriksson (LW), Giroux (C)
    D: Weber, Markov, Wideman, Yandle
    Bench: Getzlaf, Backstrom, Kesler (IR)
    G: Anderson, Rinne
    Bench: Niemi