Thread: Conacher for JVR

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Conacher for JVR

Details in my sig. below. What's important is that we are allowed to keep 3 players with below 164 games played. I have a lot of players eligible: Granlund, Schenn, Tarasenko, Brunner, Conacher, Atkinson, and I also have Zibanejad right now because I have two players on IR.

I hoped to use some of them to make packages to improve my core 12 keepers. I am hoping to win this year, and I already have a lot of good LWs, so I'm not sure JvR is a starter on my roster. However, I wanted to ask because if anyone thinks that JvR will drastically out point Conacher, it may still be worth it to make the trade.

Thoughts?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Details in my sig. below. What's important is that we are allowed to keep 3 players with below 164 games played. I have a lot of players eligible: Granlund, Schenn, Tarasenko, Brunner, Conacher, Atkinson, and I also have Zibanejad right now because I have two players on IR.

I hoped to use some of them to make packages to improve my core 12 keepers. I am hoping to win this year, and I already have a lot of good LWs, so I'm not sure JvR is a starter on my roster. However, I wanted to ask because if anyone thinks that JvR will drastically out point Conacher, it may still be worth it to make the trade.

Thoughts?
    I wouldn't just do away with JvR for nothing. LW is traditionally a hard position to fill. If you're strong there someone else in your league is weak there. I'd work out a deal with a team that is hurting for a LW and strengthen your team elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have Conacher. He's offering me JvR.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oh, I see. I would pass. I think JvR is more naturally gifted, but I think Conacher's will is on par with JvR's talent. This is not to say JvR is soft. I just like guys who will find a way to score and don't have to rely on their god-given talent which will always fall short unless there is drive to see it through.

In contrast to what I state about talent/will, I think Conacher's talent level is higher than JvR's will to date. Besides any of this, I like Conacher's linemates better. And his dual eligibility in Yahoo leagues's doesn't hurt.
    Last edited by One87; February 3, 2013 at 2:29 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Novice

i don't think i make that deal. way too early to sell on conacher, you just don't know what you have in him yet.