Thread: Eberle vs Letang

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Eberle vs Letang

Comparable fantasy value for this season? Categories are G A +/- PPG PPA SHP GWG

Dobber Sports Novice

Should point out that I would be giving up Letang in this swap. I have Chara, Del Zotto and Hamhuis as my other d-men

The Wolverine

Who are your other RW? How many do you start in each position? Is this a H2H or Roto league?

Dobber Sports Novice

Points only league. Other RW are Hossa, Iginla, Alfy and Gaborik. We start 9 fowards (3 slots each position). 4 bench.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelweissen View Post
    Points only league. Other RW are Hossa, Iginla, Alfy and Gaborik. We start 9 fowards (3 slots each position). 4 bench.
    Just a suggestion for future - points only is generally referred to as G=1 and A=1 or just P=1 (real points). Since you have categories, it's just 'points' or even better 'weighted/category points'. In these leagues, it would be helpful that you provide the scoring values for each category whenever you ask for advice, as we don't know how it affects the value of each player.

That being said, it probably isn't as crucial in this case as you are quite deep at RW so I'd keep Letang. It doesn't make sense for roster balance and who you'd regularly start (one of Eberle/Iginla/Gaborik/Hossa would have to benched on busy nights). That's a big part of evaluating a deal - it's not just comparing relative value individually but how it affects your squad as a whole. Just for info, how many D do you start though? It won't make a difference to me as Letang is an elite D so even if were just two then your starters would be Letang and Chara. But it's something you should also provide in future.
    Last edited by horrorfan; February 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Dobber Sports Novice

We have 4 d slots. The thing is, the way this league is structured, defencemen are not always that valuable. Good defencemen usually get about half the amount of fantasy points as good forwards in a given season. I've found that often, having an empty d slot and an extra forward is more productive (worth the few missed games on full nights).

The guy in first place currently has two empty d slots.

The Wolverine

We have 4 d slots. The thing is, the way this league is structured, defencemen are not always that valuable. Good defencemen usually get about half the amount of fantasy points as good forwards in a given season. I've found that often, having an empty d slot and an extra forward is more productive (worth the few missed games on full nights).

That just confirms what I was asking - we have no idea how your settings affect the value of players. That's why you need to provide the values of each category.

So, given you can put in extra forwards, you don't have maximum games? That's another piece of info that's relevant and needs to be provided. If you had max games, then doing that wouldn't work as well and you'd need to play your D. See how that may change things?

Dobber Sports Novice

No max, all categories are worth 1 point except +/- (half).

I was hesitant to provide more team details because I have a number of trade proposals lined up that may very quickly change the structure of my team again. I'll remember to put the league details in my sig though, because you're right, that does change things. I just wanted to get an idea about their comparative value in a points league that doesn't look at hits, PIM to make sure that it wasn't a wildly uneven swap, even given that certain team structure scenarios might add or decrease their respective values somewhat.
    Last edited by dunkelweissen; February 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

who are the 2 defensemen that that guy has

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Novice

Markov and Timmonen. The guy in first place isn't the same guy that I'm negotiating with though. The guy i'm trading with has Pietrangelo, Salo, Leddy and Myers

Dobber Sports Wizard

Markov and Timmonen. The guy in first place isn't the same guy that I'm negotiating with though. The guy i'm trading with has Pietrangelo, Salo, Leddy and Myers
    i guess its worth trying but understand that if you pick the wrong games with your forwards you might not do any better than if you started someone like letang every single game

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max